Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #21
If we are going to use ours every weekend or every other weekend we keep it parked at the house, in the grass along side the driveway backed up to the garage. I mounted a box with 30amp outlet on the side of the garage and its only about 10ft from the camper to the plug. Its great having the camper at the house since we can load things as we want taking our time, usually doing a little bit every night after work.

When the camper is not at the house we have it parked under the lean-to on my dads shop, which is only about 3/4 mile from our house. There are numerous 20 amp outlet under the lean-to and I just plug into on of them to keep the battery up. Also at dads shop he had a "private dump station" installed and tied in the septic system when he built everything so that we can just pull in there and dump the waste on our way home,so there is no waiting in the lines at the campgrounds.

In a year or so we are going to put an addition on our house and add another 2 or 3 garage stalls, when we do that I am going to have a slab (concrete) poured along side the garage to park the camper on when at the house.

Concrete is a much better product that asphalt and will last ALOT longer, plus concrete is maintenance free unlike asphalt which needs to be seal coated every 2-3 years. When my dad had the driveway put in at his shop concrete was actually about $2000 cheaper, but that was also on a $30,000+ job the driveway.

Around here concrete contractors are charging $2.25-2.50 sqft for exterior jobs installed with a broomed finish.

TT-2013 Passport 3220BH
TV-2004 F150 FX4, not exactly stock...
nights camped:
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
PHS79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #22
I cannot imagine all these rules for parking stuff on your own property. I live in the country and can literally do whatever I want but it ain't much different in town. The guy across from my dad parks his travel trailer on the street in front of his house for 7 - 8 months per year and probably only camps twice. I put in a gravel pad for the 5er so the mud wouldn't swallow it.

2004 Wildcat 28BH
2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7CTD
fast murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #23
extened the driveway and put in a 30 amp connection....... still put mine in storage on the base $21.00 per month if you pay for the entire year....... the driveway extention works for bringing it home and working on it.... or getting ready to go Rving......... neighborhood restrictions prevents me from keeping it at home full time... make sure you check with your HOA or the city for any restrictions.....
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #24
If you are moving in 2+ years, talk to a local realtor who you would consider listing your home with. Would your home show well with your TT parked there? There are lots of factors to consider which a local professional could guide you.
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2010 Toyota Tundra 4WD
lswartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
Thanks everyone your input will defiantly help make my decision!
Branden221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
Well I store mine in my side yard right in the grass, except for the winter. I got free winter lifetime storage for life when I bought it so I store it at the deale in the winter. I never had a pad or stone put down, but I did run 2 separate 30 amp circuits. One right out to the area where I park the camper all the time, and one on the side of my garage in case I have it in the driveway for packing or washing. The power is great, especially on hot summer days, can cool it down inside while doing work. A big plus.

Storing at home is always more convenient if you can do it.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #27
Store at home definitely. As for resale, the house we purchased had a pad extended past the driveway and behind the fence in backyard. We also have tough city zoning. We didn't really consider the pad when purchasing the home but it was a big factor in purchasing our mh. I didn't want to spend the money for storage and then have to drive to service, load and check on mh. Being able to load and service mh over several days since it is in the backyard is a huge benefit to me. Good luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #28
I vote for having it on the drive if possible. I keep mine on our drive. I can do repairs and/or modifications a little at time. If I want to wax my trailer, the same thing, I do not have to do it in one day. As others have said loading it up for a trip is so much easier having it close by.
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #29
Wow, Glad I don't live in the city.... I can put mine anyhere I want.....I just put mine on a gravel pad & my other 4 trailers are on the grass.
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
Being in the city, it may not be allowed, but my camper driveway I put in out to the camper garage is a base of chert gravel with crusher run limestone on top of it. It packs in like concrete. My camper weighs 12,400 lbs unloaded and it has never rutted it or anything. The rest of my driveway is paved, but we live on a farm so there is no codes enforcer to worry with. This is a cheaper alternative than pavement or concrete either one and doesn't look bad.

If you're buying a new RV, I would highly recommend you keep it covered and out of the sun and rain. Your roof and tires will thank you for it.

mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote