Old 01-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Duct booster

Picked up the new Tracer 3150 and spent most of the weekend in it. It's been cold in Jersey, so we set the heat and it was fine inside.
I did notice the bunkhouse vent struggled to push air, so I'm attributing that to the distance from the fan.
Has anyone tried a duct booster? I did in my old house and it helped a bit, but not sure how the ducting in the TT world works yet.
Otherwise, I'm planning on a ceramic heater to supplement for the time being.

Agewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
The space heater works great in the bunk area. That's what we do during the cold camping trips. We find that we only need it a few times a year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forest River Forums mobile app

snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:47 AM   #3
I've thought about the same idea for better airflow from the one heat vent in our master bedroom.
Curious if anyone has tried one ...
-Forest River Sierra 355QBQ Bunkhouse
-2007 Duramax/Allison Stage 2 Garrett Turbo W/ KB3MMX EFIlive custom tuning & lots of other goodies...
KB3MMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:56 AM   #4
Never tired them in a trailer but at homes we sometimes put them in but they where like 8". A 4" duct would have like a 3" fan in it only not much air. If you have a suburban Furnace and can get at the plenum. Change your duct to the end of the unit bet it comes off the side. You will get more air at the end then at the sides through that duct. When I was at the factory and saw how they run some of these ducts I'm surprised we get air at all.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote