Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #1

Engery Del Sol Flex Power Mat

Does anyone have any experience with the Energy Del Sol Flex power mat solar uint? I have been researching this and appears to be a very nice set up. You can even walk on it. I am curious about the installation. I downloaded the install manual and it shows placing screws around the edges once you glue it to the roof. My first thought is No way am I putting screws through the roof of my trailer.

Just curious if anyone else has used this panel? and how was the installation?

Thanks

BK

Team Kennedy
BKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #2

I am not sure about putting screws into the top of my 5vr? The solar mat looks good.
f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #3

I, too, have been researching and reading about solar charging systems. I plan on it being my "Spring Project".

I like the idea of no screws, but at the price that you pay for this unit, at only 68 watts, you can do MUCH better on a traditional panel. The best internet price that I found for the Energy Del Sol was just over $500. That puts the price at $7.35/watt. You shouldn't be paying more than $2.50 to $3.50 per watt.

There is limited info on the controller/charger supplied with the Energy Del Sol unit, as well. Is it a high efficiency 3-stage MPPT controller?

Also, for most moderate electric users, 80 watts won't provide enough unlees you are boondocking on June 21 in the desert sun! Most will need more wattage. Can these be piggybacked? Will the controller handlle multiple panels?

Finally, if stick-on flex is what you are really looking for, take a look at the UnisolarPV Thinfilm Roof Laminate System, available from Solar Boulevard. Solar Cell, Solar Panel, Solar PV, Solar Products, Charge Controllers, Solar Trackers Only $3.15/watt, plus multiple panels can be tied together with a good controller.

Solar Boulevard is a reliable dealer who has helped out many RV'rs. I've been studying materials on these systems for a couple of months now, and I keep coming back to tis dealer as having a high reliability and customer satisfaction rating.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote