Old 04-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagant hunter View Post
Good Lord!! That mount looks like it would withstand a nuclear blast!! Great job, looks VERY nice.

Well, I had too make sure that the assembly would not only stay together but support the weight of the TV while towing and I am bet a dollar to a donut that the bracket will out last the trailer.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
The material that you see is not aluminum, It is steel. This steel bracket is used to support electrical conduit, plumping etc.etc a long walls, floors and ceilings and it can be constructed to where it can stand alone. You can buy it at Lowe's and it is in the Electrical section. I will take some extra pic and send them to you, just give a day or two, I am getting ready to set my camper on a seasonal site Thursday.

I think i found that track (normally used to support wiring raceways, correct?)... and near $20/for 10 feet of it? Looking forward to seeing those additional pics. Think i figured out the slide parts (those interlock when inverted it seemed) but how are you locking the slide in/out?
Thanks again!
Hope all went well for your seasonal move-in!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #23
Computer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
pic #2 pre fab TV Bracket
Why do you need this big tv bracket and how much does it cost. I want to do this to my rig.

2006 Rockwood 8314SS Ultralight Trailer

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9 Diesel

1996 Chevy Tahoe 2 Door Lifted 4 Inches. 5.7 V8

Thousand Trails Member www.1000trails.com

Out of Elk Grove California, near Sacramento.
Jimmy-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:40 AM   #24

i was following Rockwood06's lead... but the weight of a bigger set... the bump & grind of towing... the need to get behind the set from time to time.. plus the lack of SOLID framework on that shelf.... were my reasons.
I wanted something that was rock-sold!

. he had it laying around.. i needed 3 sticks (have some left), and think it was near $20 a stick... Some assembly required!
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
Why do you need this big tv bracket and how much does it cost. I want to do this to my rig.

Jimmy-D, the reason for the big tv bracket is to support the weight while towing and because of the area I had to work with. The tv has not moved or loosen at all. I design the bracket this way because the tv is on the out side of the entertainment center, which makes it front heavy so any forward movement would cause it to fall on the floor. This design has work well so far.
As far as cost, the only thing that I bought was the tv and the wall bracket everything else I work with....".but don't tell anybody."....All the hardware you need for this project can be bought at Low's, the supports are in the electrical department.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #26

i got my 'tracks' at lowes too....
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 AM   #27
Computer Guy

Where is the Concertone?

My unit has the surround sound and speakers in the bedroom. Just curious if yours has this or not. I am thinking not and you took out the factory concertone. Thanks for the detailed work you have provided!

2006 Rockwood 8314SS Ultralight Trailer

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9 Diesel

1996 Chevy Tahoe 2 Door Lifted 4 Inches. 5.7 V8

Thousand Trails Member www.1000trails.com

Out of Elk Grove California, near Sacramento.
Jimmy-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
My unit has the surround sound and speakers in the bedroom. Just curious if yours has this or not. I am thinking not and you took out the factory concertone. Thanks for the detailed work you have provided!
My rig is an 2006 and surround sound was not available at that time, but I do have speakers in the bedroom. The Concertone was remove and I shipped it to another member here on the Forum not too long ago. I plan on installing a Bose lifestyle system in the near future. The speaker that came with Concertone are not the best, but what can one expect after all it is a camper.