Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
external led lights

while changing over to led style bulbs in exsisting fixtures, i wanted to also change out tail/brake lights. so after checking internet and watching a few vidios, i ordered 2 fixtures from Bargmen. when they arrived,and upon inspection, there were 4 lenses and 4 led circut boards. well now, this won't do, so, i called there number and darn if i didn't get a human. i told the lady what i'd received and what i'd ordered which was 2 complete fixtures. so she looked up the order and next thing that shows up is the rest of the fixtures. for 4 lights and a note saying keep them. so, i deceided i'd put 2 on a side [back end], one above the other. they where the same size as factory, so no holes other than factory and 2 mounting holes for 2nd light. now the fun{?} began. i wanted to wig-wag them like a school bus. took 4 relays per side, losts of wire and crimp ons. could't use factory wiring as it turned out, had tv led flasher in tv for it's up dated lights and the wig/wag needed it's own and a stander 1157 bulb to create enough of a load to trigger relays. after a few days of messing around and after tryind diodes to prevent backflows, i added a seperate momintary on/off/on switch in tv and added a 4 prong trailer plug next to factory in-stalled 7 pin plug. now i can be seen in brite sun and you'd have no busiess driving at night if you could't see these. wig/wag only happens for changing lanes and does't interfear with tv system when not towing. also added side turn/lane changing dual filiment[led]to each side in skirting between wheels. one problem...with having super slide and not wanting wiring having bagy pants with slide in, and not having anything to hold a springy coil type wire up due to slides action, i found a hot/rod part that is made by dakota digital that is used in door to body wiring to not have run wires across the door open gap. they make a series of these depending on how mant circuts you need. i've seen posts on here about how to.

-
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light