Originally Posted by Gregg Willow
I modded my wiggly table. There is another thread in this forum about what someone else did. I copied that. I had the two leg table. I removed the cones from the table and the floor and then installed a single fold-up leg to the table bottom. I then used a 1x1 and attached it to the end of the table on the bottom for the whole width. I cut a duplicate and mounted it to the wall. I then got a hinge that just slips together so the table can be removed. This was an improvement but not firm enough for me. When I mounted to the wall there was only one stud available below the window for the width of my table. I cut a new piece of 1x1 that crosses three studs under the window and that did the trick. Solid! I then stained the 1x1 pieces and permanently screwed to the wall. It looks good.
This is the direction I think we will be going eventually. The SNAP 2 Folding Base is essentially what we are trying to replace. There are a couple of ideas, however, that I'd like to try before attacking the dinnet wall. The addition of "L" brackets to the verticals at the junction of the legs and where the table top supports entersect the verticals seems like something that some have had some success with. As we are heading out to a local campground Monday for a few days, I think we'll give it a try. The base is going to be replaced anyway, right!!!
Will let everyone know how it works.