Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7794 View Post
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...xoi0dUjfqUJRMc I use a 2 wheel dolly to transport the water from the source to my trailer. Then I use gravity to transfer the water to my trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7794 View Post
Neither of these links seem to work.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:07 AM   #22

12 volt water pump
JR Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
I saw a guy that had a large water bladder on top of his suv. He filled the bladder then let gravity fill his camper. Seemed like it worked well if you had a roof rack on your vehicle.
Water seems like a lot of weight to put on your roof.
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #24

Fill fresh water tank

I bought a brand new sump pump dedicated for the camper only. Then bought a 30 gallon plastic tub. When I run out of water at a camp ground, I drive the truck and tub over to the nearest water filling station and fill up the tub. After I get back to the campsite, I use the sump pump and white hose w/filter to transfer to the trailer fresh water tank. Obviously, you have to have an electric site to work. The 12 volt pumps were to slow for me.
scotty1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #25

OK, for the inexperienced, how common are electric-only sites and where do you tend to run into them?
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post
OK, for the inexperienced, how common are electric-only sites and where do you tend to run into them?
I think this is one of those that it depends upon what type of campground you are dealing with. I have yet to run into a private campground that doesn't have electric service to their RV sites. In my state and those I am familiar with in nearby states the majority of the campsites are unimproved. I would guess somewhere between 25%-30% offer some type of electric service. I've also noticed the state campgrounds that don't offer electricity will frequently not have a dump station. Again the national parks I am familiar with tend to very limited electric sites if they have any at all.

All that said I'm sure there are states where the majority of their parks have electric service of some level. Anecdotally for our upcoming trip to Yellowstone I have yet to run across a state park that didn't have electric service at the campsite. The best thing to do is plan out your stops to some degree so you can see what services the campgrounds in that area offer.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cperkin2 View Post
When camping at an electric only site site how do you fill your fresh water tanks? I have some 5gal water jugs but I am looking for a better way to fill the tanks than with a funnel.

Anyone have a pump setup either electric or hand?

Thanks
Chuck

2014 Roo 17 Hybrid

I have a dumb question. I hope you mean refill your tanks once set up? I have never seen a campground in the world that had electric on site but did not have a water fill station with potable drinking water somewhere on property.

When arriving on a Friday night and expecting a line for water, I fill mine at home before towing the 20 miles to my favorite camp ground.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank