Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #1

Fire Place Install

I am a newby with a 2018 FR Cherokee 274 VFK. The wife wants me to add a electronic fireplace under the LV TV on the pho rock wall. Anyone ever done this or attached anything to the wall? Any advise would be appreciated
PredGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:25 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #3

Just did this in our 2902ws, I actually have an extra Furrion fireplace available, new in box. Works with Furrion TV remote and is vibration and heat resistant(designed for RV's) We had a space below the TV in a cabinet which I believe is the same place as the factory option. The units are self contained(plug and play), can even just sit on the floor, so pretty easy to just build a cabinet around it on a wall or corner. PM me if your interested in the unit i have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7972 (002).jpg
Views:	158
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	173143  
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #4

I guess you would have to run a 15 ampcircuit?
Old 05-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #5

Yes, but I just tapped off the TV since TV's dont pull much more than 1 amp
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #6

I was thinking about doing the same thing in my Cherokee 274vfk. Did you end up moving forward with installing a fireplace? If so, did you mount it under the TV or use a freestanding model?
Lauren.Danielle15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

I also installed an electric fireplace where none had been planned.
As you can see, it’s not as natural a setting as some where the option was left out. I was very limited in the real estate to locate mine, and I had to get my wife to agree......

I can do this, but this is a one time offer and you can’t have the drawers back.

We like the ambiance of the fireplace....with or without heat. And like someone else mentioned, I just powered it from the same outlet as the television which draws next to nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4F1D28D5-93B9-4B67-8B51-FF1679885D07.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	208137  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
I guess you would have to run a 15 amp circuit?
I highly recommend that you install a dedicated 15 amp receptacle on a dedicated circuit, especially if running it for extended periods. The problem isn't with the RV type receptacles, it's that sometimes the factories improperly connect the wires onto them and compromise their current carrying capacity.

Running the wiring may or many not be straightforward depending on where the panel is. Wiring can be run all over the place and 100% concealed though if you take the time to scope out a route and have the patience to fish wires. I've run all sorts of wiring all over in our TT.

If you don't have a breaker space left in the panel, you can get a tandem breaker that fits in the same breaker space.

Note that the mounting location needs to take into account the required safety clearances.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #9

Thanks for the great feedback! I will pass this on to my BF who is pretty handy and should be able to run any wiring needed. I definitely want anything we add to be safe or I won't do it.

My other problem is I don't have any cabinets in the living area that can be re-purposed to fit a fireplace. I think my first step is to measure how far the fireplace and framing would have to stick out to see if that is something I am OK with. I was curious to see if anyone with my model (or similar) has added one.
Lauren.Danielle15 is offline   Reply With Quote