Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #11

Nice unit except for the brick, I think wood might be hard to match, but tile or corian would be nice. Tile I think would be lighter, but they have some new products out daily it seems, I'm sure you can find something to replace that. Not that it counts but I choose Corian. Congratulation on that unit, and what a great deal on top of it.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Nice unit except for the brick, I think wood might be hard to match, but tile or corian would be nice. Tile I think would be lighter, but they have some new products out daily it seems, I'm sure you can find something to replace that. Not that it counts but I choose Corian. Congratulation on that unit, and what a great deal on top of it.
As I recall Corian comes in 1/4 " 1/2" 3/4". 1/4" Would keep the weight down and it would be easier to handle than 1/2" or 3/4".

Old 12-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #13

We drove up to Muskegon from the Dallas area to check it out. I had hopes of pulling it home, but the weather had other plans in mind. So we are having the dealer all a rear receiver hitch and second A/C unit to the WC and deliver it.

FWIW, we did beat the weather home. Guess I should have just waited and stayed up in a Muskegon hotel, because as I write this I am sitting in a Holiday Inn Express due do power and phone outage at the house.

Murphy's Law at it's finest.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
We drove up to Muskegon from the Dallas area to check it out. I had hopes of pulling it home, but the weather had other plans in mind. So we are having the dealer all a rear receiver hitch and second A/C unit to the WC and deliver it. FWIW, we did beat the weather home. Guess I should have just waited and stayed up in a Muskegon hotel, because as I write this I am sitting in a Holiday Inn Express due do power and phone outage at the house. Murphy's Law at it's finest.
Why the rear receiver? Many problems and a voiding of frame warranty, will come from such if it's not built for it.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Why the rear receiver? Many problems and a voiding of frame warranty, will come from such if it's not built for it.

The receiver hitch is a factory order item that could be installed at the dealership without voiding the warranty....I made sure to check. Interesting thing is that the receiver hitch was a standard item on the 2012 model and listed as a standard item on the early 2013 release. I plan to use it for a platform to mount a generator on for running one a/c while traveling down the road to keep an advantage of cooling down when pulling into a park.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
The receiver hitch is a factory order item that could be installed at the dealership without voiding the warranty....I made sure to check. Interesting thing is that the receiver hitch was a standard item on the 2012 model and listed as a standard item on the early 2013 release. I plan to use it for a platform to mount a generator on for running one a/c while traveling down the road to keep an advantage of cooling down when pulling into a park.
Very nice. Good to hear you checked it out before hand!