Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,624
Nice unit except for the brick, I think wood might be hard to match, but tile or corian would be nice. Tile I think would be lighter, but they have some new products out daily it seems, I'm sure you can find something to replace that. Not that it counts but I choose Corian. Congratulation on that unit, and what a great deal on top of it.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Nice unit except for the brick, I think wood might be hard to match, but tile or corian would be nice. Tile I think would be lighter, but they have some new products out daily it seems, I'm sure you can find something to replace that. Not that it counts but I choose Corian. Congratulation on that unit, and what a great deal on top of it.
As I recall Corian comes in 1/4 " 1/2" 3/4". 1/4" Would keep the weight down and it would be easier to handle than 1/2" or 3/4".
__________________

__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
jonrjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 766
We drove up to Muskegon from the Dallas area to check it out. I had hopes of pulling it home, but the weather had other plans in mind. So we are having the dealer all a rear receiver hitch and second A/C unit to the WC and deliver it.

FWIW, we did beat the weather home. Guess I should have just waited and stayed up in a Muskegon hotel, because as I write this I am sitting in a Holiday Inn Express due do power and phone outage at the house.

Murphy's Law at it's finest.
__________________
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
We drove up to Muskegon from the Dallas area to check it out. I had hopes of pulling it home, but the weather had other plans in mind. So we are having the dealer all a rear receiver hitch and second A/C unit to the WC and deliver it. FWIW, we did beat the weather home. Guess I should have just waited and stayed up in a Muskegon hotel, because as I write this I am sitting in a Holiday Inn Express due do power and phone outage at the house. Murphy's Law at it's finest.
Why the rear receiver? Many problems and a voiding of frame warranty, will come from such if it's not built for it.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
jonrjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Why the rear receiver? Many problems and a voiding of frame warranty, will come from such if it's not built for it.

The receiver hitch is a factory order item that could be installed at the dealership without voiding the warranty....I made sure to check. Interesting thing is that the receiver hitch was a standard item on the 2012 model and listed as a standard item on the early 2013 release. I plan to use it for a platform to mount a generator on for running one a/c while traveling down the road to keep an advantage of cooling down when pulling into a park.
__________________
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
The receiver hitch is a factory order item that could be installed at the dealership without voiding the warranty....I made sure to check. Interesting thing is that the receiver hitch was a standard item on the 2012 model and listed as a standard item on the early 2013 release. I plan to use it for a platform to mount a generator on for running one a/c while traveling down the road to keep an advantage of cooling down when pulling into a park.
Very nice. Good to hear you checked it out before hand!
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.