Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Is the compressor really needed?
I put the bags on all 4 corners of our F250, aired them to 40psi, and just leave them that way.

i towed about 60,000 miles before getting an air bag system and ob compressor for my 2005 excursion. I simply shake my head in wonderment on how i did all those miles WITHOUT this system..

the OB compressor is a must if you ask me. I pull 2 different trailers, an xlr27hfs and a 24' cargo trailer. i have to run about 45-55psi depending. And driving my excursion around with 55psi without the tv ? the back end is pretty high in the air i also like to adjust a few psi depending on what is loaded in teh back of my trailer. I am SO glad my buddy that i paid to install em talked me into the compressor. Well worth the money in my opinion..

Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
Love My Sunseeker

Would someone tell me what is the POINT of these things? I bought my Sunseeker last October. Didn't realize I had these bags until I looked through my documentation a couple months ago. WTF? Went in to my dealer for the six month free oil change that was promised me. So, I asked about the Ride-Tite. Dealer checked, I had ZERO air pumped in them. So, dealer pumped in 60 pounds on each side.

I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE! I'd like to just let all the air out of those things. What is the point?

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #23
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post

Ragin,
Very interested in how this goes for you. Interested in ease of install and how much difference you notice once they are on. Since we have the same 5'er
***ROAD TEST COMPLETE***

Took 3.5 hrs for install...very easy & I read the directions

First of all, it did what I originally bought them for...level my truck stance when hooked to 5'ver...used 50 psi in bags to accomplish this. (50 psi equates to 2500lb load support)

Secondly, the tow ride was much better, as the bags took out the squishy bounce and softened the dips & road fractures along the highway. Also, noticed better handling when taking curves at moderate speeds as it eliminated the side to side sway feeling. Overall, the front end feels better grounded to the pavement by having truck frame leveled out.

Great product...should have done it sooner!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Definitely, got to buy some wire loom to slip over the entire red line(s), didn't have enough at my work bench today
I ran my air red line through fuel line hose,it also prevents kinked air line on the radius. Youroo!!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #25
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I ran my air red line through fuel line hose,it also prevents kinked air line on the radius. Youroo!!
Thanks!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
***ROAD TEST COMPLETE***

Great product...should have done it sooner!

My words exactly! Now put you an onboard air system on so you can adjust them on the fly and air up floats, tires, etc. at the CG and you will love the mod even more.
Glad you like them.
Monty
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #27

Thanks! I was thinking about putting the system on my pickup. After reading this I am ordering it Monday! :-)
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #28
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Would someone tell me what is the POINT of these things? I bought my Sunseeker last October. Didn't realize I had these bags until I looked through my documentation a couple months ago. WTF? Went in to my dealer for the six month free oil change that was promised me. So, I asked about the Ride-Tite. Dealer checked, I had ZERO air pumped in them. So, dealer pumped in 60 pounds on each side.

I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE! I'd like to just let all the air out of those things. What is the point?
So what you are saying is that with 60 lbs of air in the bags, you feel NO difference in ride or handling of your Sunseeker??

I find that hard to believe, as it should make it substantially more stable on the road, in corners, and not as "washy" feeling over bumps and humps.

All of our Sunseekers have bags on them, and they make a noticeable difference in the handling when aired correctly.

Maybe you need more air, but there should be a definite difference from 0 to 60 lbs....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #29

We are looking at a bigger 5er(see signature) and the suspension will probably need help. Have read lots of posts on Timbrens and Air-bags and I would probably go with the Timbrens at this point simply due to cost. I also had airbags on a 1/2T I used to own and the bags kept leaking and even with only 5psi the ride was a bit rougher unloaded.
How about Supersprings. I took a look on etrailer.com and the cost is kind of between the Timbrens and the Air-bags (with compressor). Looks easy to install. Any experiences with Supersprings?

Charli is offline   Reply With Quote