Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #1

First-year Sunseeker mods

Having attained my first-year motorhome ownership, I would like to share my modifications on our 2018 Sunseeker 2400WS. First, I would like to express my appreciation for the contributors to the Forest River community forums. I have learned a great deal from the community about what other owners have done with their Sunseeker.

List of modifications:
Electrical:
1) Replaced group 24 lead-acid batteries with group 27 AGM since I did not what to deal with maintenance and the chance of off-gassing during charging.
2) Installed hardwired PI EMS which came in handy when I tried to run the AC while plugged into the campground shore power. Definitely money well spent.

Plumbing:
1) Purchased water regulator with dial gauge to protect motorhome plumbing for campground high water pressure (learned the importance of this for Forest River forums)
2) Purchased Clearsource two-stage water filter and Berkey system since DW says she won’t go camping if the water tastes funny. So far, she is a happy camper.

Chassis:
1) Purchased TPMS along with steel valve stems for dully tires for peace of mind while traveling down the road (also lesson learned from forums).
2) I will be purchasing front and rear Sumo springs in the near future. I don’t like the shake rattle and roll I experience when pulling out of a gas station or our driveway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180608_195840.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	430.2 KB
ID:	192656  
ddhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #2

to the Forum from Alaska!

The forum is the place to get answers.

We buy what we can afford then we DIY it into the motorhome we want.

Congratulations on you build.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #3

New 2400WS owner

Hello, I just purchased a used 2018 MBS 2400 WS. Was wondering if other owners have issues with it on windy days get blown around on the roads. It only has 2000 miles on it. We have had bigger motor homes in the past and not had this problem. Thanks
rotdoxdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker