Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #1

Flipping axles on 2011 freedom express

I have had my trailer now for a year and a half and love it. But.... I need more clearance..... The axles seem to have some camber to them so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas to raise her up so i can get into more sites.
Metalsnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalsnake78 View Post
I have had my trailer now for a year and a half and love it. But.... I need more clearance..... The axles seem to have some camber to them so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas to raise her up so i can get into more sites.
IF, the springs are mounted below the axles, you can make new mounts or carefully remove the mounts and reposition them to the top of the axles and gain the dia. of the axle + the spring stack dimension. A good welding shop should be able to do it fairly easily.

OR you could get some 1/4" wall tubing either 2x2, 2x3 or 2x4 and weld the tubing to the existing frame and make new hangers, etc. and raise the trailer that way. Much more work and must be done very accurately or you will have major problems with tire wear.

Tags
axle