Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #1

Flooring upgrade

Has anyone ever removed the flooring carpet and put down the laminate flooring that snaps together? If you did did you have to glue it down and if not did it move or buckle with all the movement in the travel trailer? And how diffulcult was it to put down? Thinking about replacing the carpet and vinyl flooring everywhere except bedroom. Also did the slideouts mark it up?
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #2

There are literally hundreds of posts on this subject. Most people are installing Allure flooring for cost and ease of installing. Plus most of the laminate flooring (Pergo) are too thick and will interfere with the slide outs.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #3

My wife and I just put down an inexpensive laminate, covering the main floor in our 2010 28RKBS. We removed the carpet which revealed vinyl and we put the new floor over the vinyl. Looks great. Has not buckled or changed in any way that I can tell and we just finished a 4500 mile trip after installation. It completely changed the appearance of the inside of the 5th wheel. Tearing out the carpet and installing the new floor took about 4-5 hours. We bought our floor at a local store in St Louis Co, Mo called Hoods. It is not touched by the slide as it goes in or out. The stuff we put in is not quite as thick as Pergo or as heavy in weight. The few cuts we had to make were not too difficult and it is trimmed with matching quarter round.
bpdlk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #4

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
bpdlk33---- do you have any pictures ??? we like pictures !!!

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #5

yes I went back in the former post and saw where this has been done many times. I guess I should have done that first, but you never know when someone has done something different. Thanks everyone, and I will do photos when I do this.
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote