Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #1

Forest River parts

Has anybody ever ordered parts directly from Forest River? I just bought a 19RR and am looking for some parts. Specifically looking for some cabinet doors and door hardware. My plan is to enclose the "helmet rack" and make a real cabinet out of it. The doors from the cabinet above the sink would work good. I have good wood working skills and think it would be very easy to do. Getting the doors pre-made and pre-stained would make it even easier. If I can't get them from Forest River I have another outlet for custom doors. I also want to install one for access under the bed. I would rather not have to go thru the dealer. I found a number for Forest River parts 574-534-3167.
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
RKSWYO,
I love your idea! we too have a 19RR and would like to do the same.

Thinking about moving the spare tire to the ramp door and putting a door for under the bed. Check out the thread "Pimp my 19RR". Let us know what you find out.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #3

I called Forest River and got re-directed several times. I ended up talking to Jamie at 260-593-2366. She is the Wolf Pack/Grey Wolf parts person. She was very nice and helpful. Here's what I found out. You can order cabinet doors and hardware from them. Doors can be a custom size if needed. The doors are stained and finshed to match. Pricing for the doors was around $24 each and the hardware for the doors was very cheap. Other pieces needed I will custom build.
This is a modification I am definatley going to do. It would give me a much better storage cabinet for food, pots and pans, etc. The door on the underbed storage would make it much handier and usable without having to lift the bed. Spare tire will be mounted on the back. They should come from the factory this way.
I just ordered my trailer and it is still 4 to 6 weeks out and I can't wait to get started on the mods!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
RKSWYO,
I love your idea! we too have a 19RR and would like to do the same.

Thinking about moving the spare tire to the ramp door and putting a door for under the bed. Check out the thread "Pimp my 19RR". Let us know what you find out.

It will be awhile but once I get the mods done I will post some pics!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
WOW you rock rkswyo! Thanks for sharing. This is very helpful. Good luck on those mods... and don't forget to show and share photos. again... check out "Pimp my 19RR' thread.

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #6

I have been checking out that thread for awhile. There are some great ideas there. I finally pulled the trigger on a 19RR last week and can't wait to get it. Dealer said anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for delivery. I'm ready to start modding!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #7

Brilliant! Love the idea of under bed door! I hate lifting that thing and just waiting for the day my back goes out doing so!
Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #8

Every camper I have ever owned has drove me crazy on the space that is wasted and could be utilized for storage. I have seen some great ideas on here for makingthe most of them. Outpost RV shows an option exclusivley from their dealership concerning the cabinet/helmet rack. It is a $300 option from them. Great idea but I know I could do it cheaper. Being able to get cabinet doors from Forest River makes it even easier. Stain should match perfectly as well as the hardware. I think you could do the doors and framing on the helmet rack for less than $100 and the under bed storage door for less than $40. These are tops on my list when my 19RR gets here. I also have some ideas for the pantry/wardrobe to make it better.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
itch'n to road trip

Do share your idea when you do them... I like it someone can "build a better mouse trap".

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #10

a belated thanks..

I just found this post. Getting ready for spring camping season and getting ready to do some mods. I am looking to do something similar. I want to take out the thin particle/cardboard on the ends of the dinette benches and replace them with matching doors/hardware. I'm pretty sure the doors above master bunk would fit perfectly. Thanks to rkswyo for posting the number and name of who to contact for my Grey Wolf. It is much appreciated.
Droidrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #11

I just ordered 4 doors and all the hardware last week along with the stiles and rails to complete the mods I am going to do. I talked with Jamie. She was great to deal with. I emailed her dimensions for the doors and a complete parts list. She said it could take about a month or so to get them because they are custom made. Doors are $23 and change reguardless of the size. Pretty good deal and they are stained to match your existing cabinets. Can't wait to get them!

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46