Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #21

Ppl...ppl...ppl....pleasr shop around!! You don't need to spend 5,6,7 hundred on a furrion cam from dealer. I got mine on FB marketplace of all places for $200 brand new. You can also buy used for even cheaper if you wanted. I quoted dealer to install cam and bumper swing out grill and it would have run me over $1000. Got both on FB brand new for a total of $275!!!
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny.L View Post
the 241RLXL model. Salesman told me it was "prewired" for a back up cam. So I went and bought the Furrion (Man they're expensive!). Climbed up a ladder and upon removing the already there face plate.....I realized the entire mount was GLUED ON! Not bolted securely to the trailer itself...but GLUED ON! Who does that!???

I talked to my dealer and he said it was the Manufacturer who does that. WHAT????

Then, I find out that the plug in adapter for the camera is NON WORKING! Meaning, it's not pre-wired to anything...just dead inactive wires!

The dealer said it was under warranty but I do not want to lug this 29 foot travel trailer 50 miles just to get some wires fixed and the mount BOLTED securely.

Is there any way I can wire the camera in myself? I'm no electrician but this was pretty surprising that the wires are dead.

Note: yes the running lights and back up light are and were working....we had the trailer plugged in and powered at the time I attempted the installation.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you kindly.
It's not glued on that's the clear sealant. 4 tiny screws removes the cover plate and 1 wire in there that plugs into cam. Most of the cam kits come with that "shark fin" mount but if it's pre-wired chances are you won't need it. You can also easily run a red/black wire (comes with kit) straight to fuse panel or battery to run the cam constantly.... Thats what I did because I like to know if someone is drafting behind me as if I can't feel it anyways.... Lol
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizterusa View Post
Ppl...ppl...ppl....pleasr shop around!! You don't need to spend 5,6,7 hundred on a furrion cam from dealer. I got mine on FB marketplace of all places for $200 brand new. You can also buy used for even cheaper if you wanted. I quoted dealer to install cam and bumper swing out grill and it would have run me over $1000. Got both on FB brand new for a total of $275!!!
Just be aware that Furrion will not honor their warranty if you purchase from a 3rd party. I called them and was told because I didn’t purchase from one of their “authorized dealers” that my warranty was invalid. I bought it on eBay. Flat out refused to help me. I know, they are full of it but what can anyone really do about it?

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 HEMI
adarklake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, wildwood