Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #1

Galley tank clean out sprayer

Has anyone added a sprayer like the ones for the black tanks to there galley tank to get all the food debris flushed out of there tanks?

Thanks in advance,
Ed
TTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Site Team

It has been done by several people, but it's not something that's common. It's a pretty easy install if your tank is exposed and the end that you need to install the sprayer into is not blocked. If you have a covered underbelly and/or the shallow end of the tank is right against a beam or support, it can be a bit of a challenge to install one.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

As Bama said, it has been done and a tank flusher can be added to any tank if so desired.

I really don't see any need on a grey tank though.

You 'should' be doing your due diligence and scraping leftover food particles in the trash before washing and certainly never pour grease down any drain. If you follow these guidelines, then all that is left in the tank is liquid. There are no solids to flush out.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
As Bama said, it has been done and a tank flusher can be added to any tank if so desired.

I really don't see any need on a grey tank though.

You 'should' be doing your due diligence and scraping leftover food particles in the trash before washing and certainly never pour grease down any drain. If you follow these guidelines, then all that is left in the tank is liquid. There are no solids to flush out.
... and dump some degreaser like Super Clean with a couple gallons of water in the grey tank periodically just before heading out on the road and dump the tank when you arrive.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTED View Post
Has anyone added a sprayer like the ones for the black tanks to there galley tank to get all the food debris flushed out of there tanks?

Thanks in advance,
Ed
I too really see no need on a galley tank. I'll treat that tank also, and avoid much in solids going down the drain. As a former maintenance guy in a high school I'd place signs above sinks,
" Please don't pour your left over soup and chunky latte's down the sink drain"
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #6

I had a galley tank for 4 years in my Surveyor and only dumped a gallon of water down the sink after each dumping. Never had a problem. I see no need for a sprayer.

Now, thankfully, I no longer have a galley tank with my Freedom Express.
Rmstack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank