Old 06-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Gas quick connect

Anyone know if there is a way to hook my quick connect hose on the rockwood trailer to my portable Colman stadium folding grill. Right now on our trips I take the small grill size tank and use that for the grill. It would be nice to find a longer hose and use the onboard gas tanks for the grill. Just not sure how to plum from the female 1/2 inch quick connect to the grill with a tank fitting

campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Your Colemen grill will have it's own regulator and will not get sufficient gas flow on the camper's low pressure, regulated line. You'll need to remove the Coleman's regulator in addition to piping it with a quick disconnect. Take the grill to a BBQ supply/service outlet and they should be able to fix you up with the necessary parts.

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
The only problem is that your camper LP system is a regulated low pressure system and your Coleman grill uses the high pressure cylinders. A friend of ours actually put a T in the lines just before the regulator and ran a line for his grill that way, it has worked good for the 4-5 years since he did it.

We have the RVQII, it is a low pressure grill and will run off the TT's system.

Or you can probably buy parts to convert your Coleman to run on the low pressure system on your camper
TT-2013 Passport 3220BH
TV-2004 F150 FX4, not exactly stock...
nights camped:
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
PHS79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Coleman makes a hose with the proper threads on each end to do that. One end hooks directly up to your propane cylinder, the other as the same threads as a small propane bottle. I have a 5' one so I just remove one of my propane cylinders when I'm setting up and put it beside my cooking area. Works fantastic and don't need to spend any money on those bottles. One less thing to worry about!
Punkag is offline   Reply With Quote