Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
I still stand by my post #6 for what the op ask for......let him check things out (with all the good and the bad) and hopefully he will come back and give us feedback what he think he will buy.
Yep!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
I still stand by my post #6 for what the op ask for......let him check things out (with all the good and the bad) and hopefully he will come back and give us feedback what he think he will buy.
I looked at that a couple of times. The comma kept getting in my way and I was seeing 600W. It's 1600!! That seems like a good deal to me. Now I'm tempted.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #43

I just saw two of these supplying power to a food trailer. I know it's a bit more than what the OP wanted to spend, but it is higher power and seems to have much better reviews.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2-2...1#.UZlyxKa9LCQ
Old 05-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #44
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
I just saw two of these supplying power to a food trailer. I know it's a bit more than what the OP wanted to spend, but it is higher power and seems to have much better reviews.
Ryobi 2,200-Watt Gasoline Powered Digital Inverter Generator-RYI2200 at The Home Depot
63db is what the open-framed Champion is rated at.
that's pretty loud for an inverter generator.

unless that's what it is running at 2200w.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I have a 6875 watt gennis on 4 wheels and takes 2 to lift in the truck for 648.00.
we use it three times a year on private property with a dozen others whom also have loud gennies.
when the air is on you hardly hear it .
my thought was I always have it at home for power failure in an ice storm "commen in midwest" and I can run everything " not all at once" but the well pump and water heater .
mainly furnace and fridges.
Bought a 7000 watt (8000 peak) for occasional boon docking, but also installed a power transfer switch at home with a plug in on the outside of the house, so if I lose power for whatever reason I can still power my fridge, sump pump, lights, furnace or whatever else I want. The transfer switch is from Home Depot and is pretty easy to install with a little bit of electrical knowledge. Best thing I ever did, although I haven't used it yet, I have piece of mind in case it's needed.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post

Sound level is commonly used as a short version for sound pressure level.

Lp = 10 log( p2 / pref2 ) = 10 log( p / pref )2 = 20 log ( p / pref ) (1)

where

Lp = sound pressure level (dB)

p = sound pressure (Pa)

pref = 2 10-5 - reference sound pressure (Pa)

If the pressure is doubled, the sound pressure level is increased with 6 dB (20 log (2)).

So with every 6 dB the sound pressure double and it is twice as loud to our ears.

Power is irrelevant in this context.
Garbanzo, I love it when you talk technical! I recommended MS Streets and Trips to you in a previous post and wondered what your technical/software experience might be. I know now not to worry.. LOL

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegp1 View Post
I saw one at Lowes. I believe it was a champion. 4kw with a 30amp Rv outlet. Doing simple math would power ac. It says 68db which is not more then a Honda. And only 300. I am thinking about buying one. I need it for twice a year at the race track since my generator is now permanently mounted in the race trailer.
my nephew has the champion, $299 at tractor supply. Runs his a/c but it is noticably louder than honda. My brother and i each have a honda clone. 3000 wt consistant with 32-3400 surgewatts. they are quieter than he champion and about the same price. comes under several names. Mine is an "Eliminator 3000." Good luck.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #48

Helpful info

Thanks for all the info guys. It was a great read and right now at Canadian Tire The Champion is on sale for $299 Canadian. I might have to buy it.

Days Camping 2013: Lost Count
2014: 8 Nights and counting
Soko179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #49

I bought a couple of Champions and the link from Costco. They are very quite, but I'm sure they can't handle a surge like Hondas do. They trip every time I try to run the AC, but everything else is fine, including electric refer and WH. May consider running a charger and inverter combo with some batteries in between. The cleanest power you can get.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #50
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko179 View Post
Thanks for all the info guys. It was a great read and right now at Canadian Tire The Champion is on sale for $299 Canadian. I might have to buy it.
you're talking about the much louder open-framed non-inverter 3500 model, correct?
just want to make sure you not talking about the Champion 2000w inverter model that can be paralleled.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote