Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #1

gensets fight back

Well i won that one but, i will tell you that genset fought hard not to go in that box on my 32srv 5'vr. I have just completed the installation of a propane genset in the factory "preped enclosure. talk about needing 1 inch in 2 spots would have made a HUGE difference in installing this thing. Pics to follow.

my next project is adding a solar panel setup with 2 batteries for dry camping this fall in colorado. Has anyone tackled this kinda project yet, and do you have any good pics of the install?

ps
to the quality guys at forest river,,,
you need to get your head out your *****. i have been bending over nails for 2 weeks next to the propane lines. my shopvac is full of saw dust and hole cutouts. and you need a sticker where the hot water tank bypass is hidden for us newbies. and the rear wall int toyhauler compartment has 3 working clasps and one with two like ends..? parts missing?

i have been inspired to investigate more of the hidden compantments for more debris..and i need a new bundle of zip ties...

Old 07-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #2

Lets see the pics and welcome to the site.

Mike

Old 07-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwbhh View Post
i have been inspired to investigate more of the hidden compantments for more debris..and i need a new bundle of zip ties...
You are always going to find debris in the "hiden" compartments of your trailer. Dang thing could be 10 years old and you'll still find something. That's the nature of the beast.

Can't wait to see the pics of the genset.

greg
Old 07-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
You are always going to find debris in the "hiden" compartments of your trailer. Dang thing could be 10 years old and you'll still find something. That's the nature of the beast.

Can't wait to see the pics of the genset.

greg
Everything Greg says goes for me too!
First TT ever, and I was amazed at what I found when I started digging into it.
For a moment, I thought they must have sweeped eveything into the hidden areas before sending it out!