Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #1

Grey Wolf 25rr and wheel chocks for Harley

Over the weekend I started working on mounting 2 sets of motorcycle wheel chocks in our new 25rr. I was told when we purchased our tt that this would be simple. Not! The chocks I want to use are removable and need 2 sets of bolts for each chocks bolted through the floor. I found out that underneath my tt is a taped vapor barrier. I cannot see where the fresh water tank or the grey and black water tanks are to see what I may be drilling into. I was told by the dealer (who is the one that told us this is a simple job) that they won't do this because they don't want to be responsible for removing or cutting out some of the vapor barrier and gaving water get inside after taping back up. He told us to drill a hole for the chocks and cut a small hole in capor barrier where drilled hole is. Bolt chock down then tape vapor barrier vack up with Gorilla tape. How do I know where my tanks are so I don't drill through them?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #2

Btw, I'm installing Pingel chocks

Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffer View Post
Over the weekend I started working on mounting 2 sets of motorcycle wheel chocks in our new 25rr. I was told when we purchased our tt that this would be simple. Not! The chocks I want to use are removable and need 2 sets of bolts for each chocks bolted through the floor. I found out that underneath my tt is a taped vapor barrier. I cannot see where the fresh water tank or the grey and black water tanks are to see what I may be drilling into. I was told by the dealer (who is the one that told us this is a simple job) that they won't do this because they don't want to be responsible for removing or cutting out some of the vapor barrier and gaving water get inside after taping back up. He told us to drill a hole for the chocks and cut a small hole in capor barrier where drilled hole is. Bolt chock down then tape vapor barrier vack up with Gorilla tape. How do I know where my tanks are so I don't drill through them?
I also have a 25rr and was struggling on how I was going to secure my Harleys. I have used the Pingle removable chocks in other trailers but I never felt good about their security.
I don't have a recommendation for drilling through your floor but I can tell you about the solution I came up with.
As you know the D rings in the floor are not evenly spaced when you put a bike in the center.
I purchased two US General chocks sku# 97841 from Harbor Freight for $43 each (you can find the coupons all the time) and modified them a bit to work perfectly in the 25rr (or any other trailer for that matter).
I purchased a piece of rectangular tube and mounted to the top of the chock where the eyebolts were. I then set the chock where I wanted it in the trailer by the D rings. I marked the position of the d-rings on the rectangular tube and added j-bolts. I then mounted new eyebolts to the rectangle tube so the straps from the bike would be even. I set the chock on a piece of rubber mat to protect the floor and secured the j-bolts to the d-rings with a electric impact driver so the chocks will remove in less than 30 seconds.
I have never felt so confident in the security of my bikes.
Sorry for the poor quality of the pics....I did this in a hurry. I've read this forum for a while but I've never posted anything before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (10).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	32195   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	32196   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (12).jpg
Views:	131
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	32197   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	32198  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #4

Thanks dieseldude for taking the time to post this. Since I need my tt to be ready to haul bikes by next weekend I am going to have to make my Pingels work. I know others that have used them without a problem. I wish I had a floor plan of the layout underneath my 25rr. That would help.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #5

I just bought my 25rr 3 weeks ago I came on here and saw dieseldudes post (Thanks!) I thought ok that's what I will do, well didn't quit work out for my set up tho so I scratched that idea. What I ended up doing is drilling a hole through the floor joist then mounted a stainless steel plate to the bottom with nut welded to that plate. I have 3 holes for each chock. I just got back from trip and it worked out perfect. I had two fatboys in and we could still pull over and sleep at night. 1/2 of couch could come down in back, little crapped for the two in the back, but oh well it was fine sleeping up front for me :-) I did buy the same chocks as dieseldude. As for when not in use I will get rubber washer and put bolt in from bottom of trailer.