Old 08-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
Handling cash

Our old Durango had a feature that I miss, which was a floor safe in one of the closets. It was small, and certainly not super secure, but it would conceal valuables and cash that you didn't want to carry around, and could be concealed beneath extra clothing or a pair of dirty drawahs...(who would dare?). Most folks carry a certain amount of emergency cash depending on their respective comfort level, and I'm no different. Don't want to carry it, and don't want to leave it in truck.
I'm wondering if anyone has installed a small safe in your rv, and if so what kind did you install? I think I have several possible locations where a small safe can be both secured and hidden.

Or do you strictly rely on credit cards? I recall after one of the Hurricanes several years back when there were no ATM machines working within a hundred miles and any that were working were empty within 2 days.
There could be certain situations in our society where credit cards would be worthless. I'd sure like to have enough green to get me back home.
Curious what others do.

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
I sure would not use a safe it just is like a neon sign saying come get me.... I just have places that I keep ours .

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Hmmm, I haven't touched paper money in quite a while.
If you're looking for a safe to store valuables I would look at fire safety first and hide / install it where potential thieves wouldn't find it, as you said yourself they aren't that safe. BTW, either get a super small one or one so big nobody would dare to touch it
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn
2014 Trilogy 3650RL, W/D, Onan 5500, 8000# Axles, IS, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
I have one so big I don't even touch it. LOL
Hide that paper but don't forget where you put it. I think a stash of emergency food and water would be worth more to your heallth then cash. Most people don't have much food stashed, you don't think your government will be there in a crisis before your hungry again do you. If you have cash in a crisis you will want food and water first right but there won't be any to buy with your cash. Stash some emergency food and water you'll be glad you did if the time comes and if it doesn't your still prepaired.
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
I sure would not use a safe it just is like a neon sign saying come get me.... I just have places that I keep ours .

Just find good hiding spots, make sure you don't forget them.
I read on the net somewhere, get an empty jar of Miracle whip, pour white paint into it and shake around, dump excess and let dry.

Now your can store your valuables in the jar which is in the

Anyway not a bad idea.

07- Classic 2500 LT CC 4x4 SB Duramax/Ally
13-320RLT Crusader TE
Reese 16K Kwik Slide/Prodigy brake contoller
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
before I would take time and money into finding a place to put one in the TT, I'd invest in something like this for the TV....

Bestop - Interior Console Lock Box - Fits 2011 to 2015 Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited -

2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH following a 2014 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman

Life is good...Live it!
(2014) Nights Camped - 16 in 6 trips (2015) Nights Camped - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) Nights Camped - 21 in 7 trips
Winter :'(
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote