Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #21
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
would like to hang a paper towel holder over the sink, i am new to the micro lite's and really don't know what the walls are made of or how thick they are do not want a screw coming through the outside fiberglass, how long of a screw can i use ? the walls seem sturdy on the inside like they are plywood or particleboard but i don't know that.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oh our TT is flagstaff 21fbrs

thanks
I use a magnetic paper towel holder that I attached to the side of the range hood, works great! The magnets are strong enough to withstand pulling off towels but it can easily be (re)moved. I bought mine elsewhere for less, but check out the video below.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Thought about that, did not like the idea of hanging paper over a flame source.

Just incase something should go wrong I suggest.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...QvhcINw&adurl=
Ha! That one won't cut it in my camper. I have 3. Standard one, one for grease fire, one for electrical.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #23

I have a Micro-Lite 23lb. I'm not sure if my kitchen set-up is similar to the one in your 21FBRS. Anyway, I never liked the free standing holders as it seemed every time I grabbed a towel and try to rip it off the roll, the holder either move, fall over or I'd have about 5 towels between the one in my hand and the holder. It was very frustrating so I did some research for a better solution. I found that many people on forums had good things to say about a cheap ($3.00) Mainstays brand wall mount holder found at Walmart. I bought one a few days later and installed it.

I placed it right above the sink. I first removed the microwave (a simple task) for access to feed the two mounting screws down through the cabinet bottom and into the holder. I then centered the holder with the sink and the light fixture above the sink and marked where to drill two holes for the mounting screws. Drilled the holes, mounted the holder, replaced the microwave and that was it.

For an inexpensive holder, it works surprisingly good, is built well and has good reviews. I haven't had any trouble with it so far. It doesn't allow the roll to loosen or fall out like so many other holders I've had in the past. The only issue I've had is that if a roll of towels is in the holder while on the road, the towels may unwind. Don't ask how I know. If I have one, sometimes I'll put a rubber band around the towels or usually just remove the roll till I'm parked and ready to set-up. Here's a link to the holder I bought:

Paper Towel Holder

And a photo of the holder installed in my 25LB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ptholder2.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	118034  
https://www.glenphotos.com
WatkinsGlenCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #24

I mounted my paper towel holder vertically on the outside of a cabinet. It is out of the way but still easily accessible.
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaB View Post
Since most units have cabinets above the sink, I've always mounted the paper towel holder on the bottom of a cabinet.
X3 We hung ours under the cabinet. We purchased a towel holder that is only supported at one end. The unsupported end has a squeeze mechanism to hold the roll towel in place. This is very strong and the towels are extremely easy to change. You can change a roll with one hand and it will come not come off in travel. We have one in our residence for many years and liked it so well that we bought one for the RV. Bed, Bath and beyond and Amazon have them. Not cheap, but an fit/finish excellent product.

simplehuman® Wall-Mount Paper Towel Holder - BedBathandBeyond.com

https://www.amazon.com/Simplehuman-M...r+towel+holder
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Easiest way to avoid any issues is to go with a free standing one.

One upside is you can bring it outside when need be.

Just be sure if you do is to get one with a heavy base to it.
Right ON !!!
We have 2,,, one for inside & one for outside !!!
And yes,,, we use way to many paper towels !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #27

Quote:
would like to hang a paper towel holder over the sink, i am new to the micro lite's and really don't know what the walls are made of or how thick they are do not want a screw coming through the outside fiberglass, how long of a screw can i use ? the walls seem sturdy on the inside like they are plywood or particleboard but i don't know that.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oh our TT is flagstaff 21fbrs

thanks
we've tried several different locations for the paper towel roll and have settled on the table mount, its out of the way and yet handy for the table and kitchen both,..... I know our table/dinette is different from the 21fbrs and we don't lower the table for a bed, but you may find the idea useful,..... we like it better there than anywhere else,.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0256.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	118095  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #28

Quote:
install delay, has been pouring rain all day
hate it for all you camping a BMS for the race I live close to the track
Three RVs and the walls in all were wall covering over 3/16 PLYWOOD. I DRILLED OUR TOWEL HOLDER FOR FIVE SCREWS used short screws into the ply. Holds good so far.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #29

I bought an over-the-door style from Amazon and hung it on the cabinet door.

I then decided I didn't like the look of it, so I turned it around and now hang it on the inside of the door, except when I'm doing some messy food prep.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160527_142229.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	118216   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160527_144149.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	118217  
Old 08-23-2016, 02:07 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatkinsGlenCamper View Post
I have a Micro-Lite 23lb. I'm not sure if my kitchen set-up is similar to the one in your 21FBRS. Anyway, I never liked the free standing holders as it seemed every time I grabbed a towel and try to rip it off the roll, the holder either move, fall over or I'd have about 5 towels between the one in my hand and the holder. It was very frustrating so I did some research for a better solution. I found that many people on forums had good things to say about a cheap ($3.00) Mainstays brand wall mount holder found at Walmart. I bought one a few days later and installed it.

I placed it right above the sink. I first removed the microwave (a simple task) for access to feed the two mounting screws down through the cabinet bottom and into the holder. I then centered the holder with the sink and the light fixture above the sink and marked where to drill two holes for the mounting screws. Drilled the holes, mounted the holder, replaced the microwave and that was it.

For an inexpensive holder, it works surprisingly good, is built well and has good reviews. I haven't had any trouble with it so far. It doesn't allow the roll to loosen or fall out like so many other holders I've had in the past. The only issue I've had is that if a roll of towels is in the holder while on the road, the towels may unwind. Don't ask how I know. If I have one, sometimes I'll put a rubber band around the towels or usually just remove the roll till I'm parked and ready to set-up. Here's a link to the holder I bought

Paper Towel Holder

And a photo of the holder installed in my 25LB.
We also have a 23LB and the previous owners had installed the holder in the same spot. I love it there. We travel with a roll in there all the time and it has never fallen out.
zinger60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:06 PM   #31

paper towel holder

My DW found a stand up towel holder (wal-mart I think) with suction feet (3) mounted on the bottom. We put it on our counter and it has not moved. Pulled our 5er over 4k miles this year and the holder is right where it was when we first pulled out.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:03 AM   #32

I use these to mount things on the thin panel walls and cabinets...

Exploding Large Head Mill Rivets Pop Rivet 50ct 3 16" Tri Fold Racing Fasteners | eBay
Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 AM   #33

When mounting the paper towel holder keep it as far away from the stove as possible, those pesky paper towel fires can ruin one's day.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #34

Couple of good idea's here,,, Suction feet & keep away from stove !!!
Each to there own,,, but I am not putting any holes in our MH !!!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #35

One word of advice. Whatever you hang, secure the roll in transit. On our old bumper pull, we put one in above sink, hauled off down the road, and the bouncing unrolled the whole thing in the floor!!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
One word of advice. Whatever you hang, secure the roll in transit. On our old bumper pull, we put one in above sink, hauled off down the road, and the bouncing unrolled the whole thing in the floor!!!!
Right On !!!
The wind did that to my roll of TP in the garage one day,,, it went from my work bench all the way out the garage door and half way down the
driveway !!! Since then I keep a small clamp on it !!!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #37

hanging a paper towel holder

I also installed under my cabinet. And yes, remember to put an elastic around the roll or it will be completely unrolled by the time you get anywhere! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472443220.441916.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	118692
Old 08-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtSquirt View Post
I also installed under my cabinet. And yes, remember to put an elastic around the roll or it will be completely unrolled by the time you get anywhere! Attachment 118692
A small squeeze clamp would work well !!!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtSquirt View Post
I also installed under my cabinet. And yes, remember to put an elastic around the roll or it will be completely unrolled by the time you get anywhere! Attachment 118692
We use Viva paper towels and they do not unroll. Viva makes the standard size square-sheet tear-off or the half size tear-off. We use the half size. They are very strong, very absorbent, and can be rung out like a dishrag to clean up spills. Dampened, they can also work to cover what you may warm in the microwave. We wrap a potato in a dampened half sheet and the microwave steams the potato perfectly. Should you forget to take them out of a pocket when running the laundry, they will not disintegrate. Just don't dispose of them in the toilet. We use these at home and have found them perfect for camping.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:55 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
We use Viva paper towels and they do not unroll. Viva makes the standard size square-sheet tear-off or the half size tear-off. We use the half size. They are very strong, very absorbent, and can be rung out like a dishrag to clean up spills. Dampened, they can also work to cover what you may warm in the microwave. We wrap a potato in a dampened half sheet and the microwave steams the potato perfectly. Should you forget to take them out of a pocket when running the laundry, they will not disintegrate. Just don't dispose of them in the toilet. We use these at home and have found them perfect for camping.
x2

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote