Old 10-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #21
Originally Posted by Lexi2007 View Post
We put a 4 Inch combo topper from Walmart in our motor home and the comfort is beyond belief. I sleep better in the MH than on our memory foam at home. We paid about $149 for it. They suggest you lay it out flat for 23 to 36 hours to allow it to flatten out. Make sure you put the memory foam side up. I put ours under a quilted mattress cover.
We did the same. Purchased a queen then used a sharp knife to cut it down to size. Been sleeping very well since then.

palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #22
I purchased two of these 4" memory foam bed toppers for 2016 rockwood roo queen bunk ends. Very, very impressed. I paid $127.00 each (free shipping) becaused I waited for "used" Amazon warehouse deals (just slightly damaged packaging), or pay $139.00. On a "guys" fishing trip last week, the two who slept in the bunk ends swore they had never slept that good before and both bought the topper for their bed at home. Weather was very cool in Michigan and we used mattress heaters underneath to great effect.

campost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #23
We also got a cheapy mattress that comes with the trailer with a fantastic 1 year warrany. Terrible bed. We bought a 1 1/2" memory foam topper from Walmart Sleep Innovations 1.5" Memory Foam Mattress Topper - and it made all the difference in the world. We also put on a heated mattress pad/ Sunbeam Waterproof Heated Mattress Pad - Did not have to change mattress nor spend a fortune for, what is now, a very comfortable bed.
Marcel & Jenne
Kemptville, ON
2014 Rockwood 8282WS
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #24
Mattress Topper

We went all the way and replaced our electric mattress with a custom foam mattress. Very plush, very supportive, $1000.00, but worth every cent. Highly recommend.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #25
Another vote for Novaform from Costco. Love mine, and it doesn't get as hot as some foam toppers...
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:17 PM   #26
Occasional campers
Hard as rock mattress

We have a 2008 Rockwood; mattress is hard as a rock. I added a 3" memory foam topper from and it made a HUGE difference--now we can sleep. Thicker would be too much.
Ray and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #27
Air Force Retiree
Originally Posted by ApexBunk View Post
I don't think I've ever slept in a more uncomfortable bed in my life. We took our maiden voyage in our new TT this weekend and my husband ended up in the bunkhouse the 2nd night, while my daughter and I stayed in the front bedroom. Even she said "How do you sleep on this?!" And that's coming from a kid who can sleep anywhere.
I tossed and turned, it's so darn hard. I know we should cough up the money for better mattress but that'll have to wait. What is the best THICK topper you've found that you love, that won't break the bank? We're going back out in two weeks and it's needed before then.

Thanks in advance.
Just make sure that you get a topper with the right density rating no matter what you buy. Compare the density ratings.
Memory foam mattress toppers are given a density rating in pounds. A higher rating means the memory foam will remember your shape better and last longer without sagging. The ratings can range from less than 3 pounds to more than 5 pounds. Some sleepers prefer a lower density rating, especially if they sleep on their sides and want a softer sleeping surface. A higher density rating means the topper is more durable, and it will give a firmer sleeping surface, too.
Check this site for helpful information:
How to Compare Memory Foam Mattress Toppers | Overstockā„¢
Retired Air Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #28
Originally a foam topper from Sam's, now a $350 11" memory foam short queen mattress from Overstock (better than home!)
Camping since May 2013 .... FL & GA only so far .... loving it!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #29
I would not even waste your time and money, you can get great memory foam mattress for not much more than a topper, that is what i did, i was the same, have a comfort sleep at home (have a big back and other medical issues) But the local (Quality Home Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture) has a great (his brand) of temporpedic nock offs that i purchased 5 yrs ago (after 1 weekend on a brand new mattress) i did the same sleept on the recliner. SO just try that did the same thing you are looking to do but it was only about $100 dollars more for a much better solution in the long run.
2010 Cedar Creek Silverback 35ts
2001 GMC 2500HD w/ Allison & 8.1
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:50 PM   #30
My husband and I purchased an awesome 3" queen size 4 LB density memory foam topper from eBay. We love it! Delivery was quick and a great all around transaction. $137.89 plus FREE shipping. Here a link to it. 3" Queen Size 4 lb Density Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper Made in The USA | eBay You do need to purchase a waterproof mattress cover anytime you have a memory foam topper whether it's this one or another brand.

shopgirl316 is offline   Reply With Quote