Old 07-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

Help with Luxury Vinyl Floor install advise on Dinette

As the title suggests, I am looking for some insight to doing a laminate flooring on the dinette. We like the fake tile stuff that is on the main hallways and floors, just want to loose the carpet under the dinette.

It is only 2 x 3.5 or so so it is not huge. My question was how to keep it from moving around. I understand the idea of doing a floating floor but that is much larger and would hold in place by its own weight. Should I tack down the boards to secure them or any other ideas?

The dinette also has pedestal legs that insert into a floor mounts. I saw a few ideas on here to drill out the screw holes larger in the planks to allow for them to expand and such but what about the rest of the small space.

Thanks

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Bump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #3

I have vinyl on my u shaped dinette the that's on a slide out in my sunseeker from the factory. It appears to go under the seating as well and is anchor with the seating. Mentioning this if its an option in your dinette, lifting seating for the install, then anchoring as you see fit.