Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #1

Holding Dining Room Chairs in Place

How does everyone tie down their dining room chairs? I'd like to find some floor "anchor points" like in the front of the cough. . . it's very small and inconspicuous but the only ones I can find are huge! If I could find the small ones I could just put 2 on either side of the table and run a strap across 2 chairs. It wouldn't take much to hold them, but leaving them loose while rolling is not a good idea.

Anyone know where to find those small anchor points?
bschift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #2

Ours came with a strap that you simply tie around the base of the chairs where the four almost touch. When all four are tied together like that they won't move.
Jack

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #3

We have the same setup in our Windjammer. Strap around the most inside front leg of all 4 chairs around the table support.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
We have the same setup in our Windjammer. Strap around the most inside front leg of all 4 chairs around the table support.
X2
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #5

Sounds like a winner. I'll give it a try.

Thanks to all.
bschift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
X2
X3 plus I put a dishtowel between top of chairs to prevent rubbing and scratching.............
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #7

In our Salem LA 292FKDS we turn the table sideways and slide our recliner between the chairs and the couch ...and off we go. We have not had a problem with anything moving.....YET.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
Anacortesians

The deceleration forces in a wreck would blow your mind. I did a lkot of work when I was at Boeing on the forces involved in the FAA's 9g deceleration certification requirement.

They increased it to 16g, and I was working VIP airplanes at that time. I've seen what the crash dummies go though when they're on the sidewall divans. I think I'd rather be killed than suffer injuries like that.

As a result, in our motor home, we don't allow passengers to sit on the sofa behind the driver, despite the fact that it has seat belts. We also insist that anyone in the barrel chair behind the co-pilot be facing as much forward as the seat allows.At least that seat's belts are bolted to the floor.

We don't often carry passengers, other than our two Labradors, so peeole crashworthiness is a low priority. We're thinking of adding belts to the dinette, one facing each direction and firmly anchored to structure.

A passenger in the aft-facing dinette seat would be protected by the seat back. I figure the one facing forward would stand a better chance there than sideways on the sofa.

Frankly, I'm disgusted by the lap-belt-only set-up for the captain and first officer. They're tied to the seat base, for goodness sake! I have no confidence that Flexsteel's fore/aft adjustment mechanism would be strong enough in a crash. The occupants would go out the front, still firmly attached to their seats.

I'd love to replace that J. Michael Mouse set-up with a proper 3-point inertia reel system anchored to vehicle structure instead of the seats, but have no info on the underlying structure of the MoHo aft of the front seats. As far as I know, Mercedes has the only front seats certified for the US with a full harness built into the seat. I think they're on the S-class and I don't know if they'd be adaptable to a MH installation, and I'm dead sure I couldn't afford them!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #9

bschift--we found our strap under one of the dining room chair seats. They flip up for a little extra storage. Don't mean to sound stupid but no one at the dealership told us about this.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote