Old 08-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #21

manual awnings would would work for most people. they are stronger and more adjustable. i can see an older person with a basement model coach needing an electric but i think you lose a little with an electric. i was thinking maybe in the case of these jacks and their position, maybe a deflector between the tire and the jack to divert some of the water headin their way in wet conditions. that housing wasnt really made for that location. back in the day with the old A and E electric jacks, water and dirt was their downfall and ushered in the hydraulics. Im with you on the level ups...thats a lot of faith in a company with a dubious track record. i wait a few years now before i sign on to new products. thats something new products have taught me to do. R and D used to be 3 or 4 years. now with computer modeling...3 or 4 monthes maybe?? dont know why the huge rush to market with an unrefined product. these level ups have taken a while to straighten out. not sure if they are there yet.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #22
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
...... i was thinking maybe in the case of these jacks and their position, maybe a deflector between the tire and the jack to divert some of the water headin their way in wet conditions. that housing wasnt really made for that location. back in the day with the old A and E electric jacks, water and dirt was their downfall and ushered in the hydraulics....
I know the picture isn't the best but the switch is protected with a rubber boot and the housings are sealed real good. But it would be little effort to make a splash panel if one wanted to.
I really put some thought into these when I putting it together.

05CrewDually is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Did you get pics of cutting down jack tubes?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
Old 08-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #24

i grew up with that jack...lol they been around forever. but they are not water tight. those license plate lights they use just shove in. they lose ground sometimes because of the paint used. just rotate light and do not remove. the wire is not long enough to accommodate removal. i like your mod...im just hardwired to look for weaknesses...

pipe cutter would prolly work beat for cutting the jack
Old 08-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #25

i grew up with that jack...lol they been around forever. but they are not water tight. those license plate lights they use just shove in. they lose ground sometimes because of the paint used. just rotate light and do not remove. the wire is not long enough to accommodate removal. i like your mod...im just hardwired to look for weaknesses...

pipe cutter would prolly work beat for cutting the jack
Old 08-18-2015, 07:00 PM   #26
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Did you get pics of cutting down jack tubes?

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
I didn't take pics but I have the cut-offs so I know how much I had to cut for my application. I used I pipe cutter/threader for the tubes and reamed the ends rid of the burr left after using the pipe cutter. I used a chop saw for the ACME threaded rod. You can see the lower 3" piece that I welded back on. That's for the guide so the foot doesn't rotate. I wanted the feet to fold up at a specific resting position.
I did save the pattern I made for the frame mount though. I have some local people interested in the set-up, if I can find the time.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Interested as well.
Pm sent.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
Old 08-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #28
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
but they are not water tight. those license plate lights they use just shove in. they lose ground sometimes because of the paint used. just rotate light and do not remove. the wire is not long enough to accommodate removal.
These are improved by all means you speak of. The lights are LEDs and do not rotate, and I have tried. They've been in service for over a year now with no issues. Did you miss the part when I said I put a lot of thought into these? Any of your concerns I had already thought of.

Really it's all irrelevant anyways. Use any jack you want, or don't at all. I won't lose sleep. Lol.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #29
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

I found another pic of them installed. This was from Easter when we went to the Smoky's in TN.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439943069151.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	86077  
Old 08-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #30

the comment about the license light was for anyone who wished to service the light. it was instructions directly from the manufacturer. if not for you then anyone who utilizes this jack in the future that happens to read the post. apparently there is so much thought into these, there is no room for anyone elses...

Tags
hydraulic