Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #1

Honey, I shrunk the dinette

… to make room for the footrests on our new recliners. The sofa was fine for our weekend & 2-week trips, but hoping to spend longer times on the road made recliners more appealing. A trip to RV Parts Nation in Elkhart and we have recliners!
We have no slides and the dinette was a bit too wide to accommodate the recliners. So we shaved a bit off the dinette! The Dream Dinette will still lower to make a bed (that we have not used and do not expect to use) and the table is still very solid when raised, which we like. We were very pleased that the drawer under the rear-facing bench did not require any changes, and the seat belts under the forward-facing bench stayed intact.
While doing this we shortened the Dream Dinette frame by 1-1/2”. We had previously tweaked it to effectively lower the table while in its upper position because we found it a tad higher than we wanted.
Did not know we had wiring for a subwoofer, so that is the next mod. We will move the wires to under the other bench to steer clear of the heat shield on the generator.
The photo was taken before the project was finished; we are still dealing with trim.
Planning and installing solar + inverter + additional batteries may have been a simpler and easier task, but that may be because of my aversion to doing visible, finish work.
If other info or photos would be helpful, let us know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette_01829.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	104189  
Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #2

Wouldn't work in my situation, but I like it!
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost, Supercab
etothepii is offline   Reply With Quote