Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #1

Hookups for accessories to LP plumbing?

Did a quick serach through this Forum and didn't find much. My search skills are less than stellar.

My question: It looks like I've got LP plumbing stubbed to behind the wheels on the door side of my Surveyor SP210. I'd be interested to know if anyone has a link or experience with utilizing this for grills and such. I'll go on searching the web but wanted to start here.

Thanks,

B
Buddhahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
Anacortesians

If you want to use other LPG devices, you need to be sure that the stub is connected upstream of the system pressure regulator for your on-board LPG-user systems.

Each external device can then run through its own regulator, just like it does when you screw a small bottle in. If an auxiliary device is configured to attach to a 20-lb bottle, you'll need to add a regulator to it.

The stub must also have a shut off valve somewhere readily accesible but far enough away from the auxiliary devices, so you can shut the auxiliary line off if a problem develops.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #3

That makes sense. I need to crawl under and see just where it comes from.

Shut-off is a must... I'll keep that in mind too.

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #4

I almost bought a camper (one before last ) with that kind of setup. He had a shut off and then a quick connect like on a air compressor. I have a SP189 and the gas line is stubbed out about 2' in front of the wheel (door side). It is too close to the wheel and if I had a blow out it might do some damage to the line. I am going to move the the line about 3 more feet away from the wheel and place a shut off and quick connect as well as a quick connect on my grill with about 6' of hose so I can be under the awning or out if not raining. Make sure you get brass quick connects so no sparks. That is a project for this winter.
bruce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply. We camped this past weekend and I was checking out an Arctic Fox 5th wheel that has this setup. There was a quick disconnect but I didn't see a shutoff valve (but it was a quick peek). No regulator required - just hooked directly to the bbq.

So... looks pretty simple. I would also conisider this my to-do for over winter.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhahawk View Post
Thanks for the reply. We camped this past weekend and I was checking out an Arctic Fox 5th wheel that has this setup. There was a quick disconnect but I didn't see a shutoff valve (but it was a quick peek). No regulator required - just hooked directly to the bbq.

So... looks pretty simple. I would also conisider this my to-do for over winter.
Normally the regulators are mounted directly at the tanks so any gas line on unit will be regulated.
If it has a quick disconnect then most likely it already has been regulated.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #7

There are quick disconnects with a built in ball valve and female receiver in one saves on hook ups I have one and it is 3/8 npt you will want to make sure you put a rubber plug in it when not in use keeps bugs, mud, and road debris out of it, mine came with it.
mr.hiler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories