Old 06-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #11
Site Team
I have a full height AC on a full profile fiver (sabre). I wish I had the low profile AC as I sit 13'6" I believe... we weren't quite level when we measured so it may be a hair off. I have scraped my AC twice so far in 2 years. Once on a branch and once on a sign in the RV lane at a truck stop. Got lucky both times with just a scratch.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #12
Fella, that would work but it will not give you an accurate measurement due to the trailer settling in truck and height changing. Trailer is not level when hooked up and on level ground in pulling mode. I'll post back my findings today.

scott_silverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #13
For any who is interested the trailer height at bedroom skylight where the new AC is going it's 12'1".
Old 06-04-2016, 10:06 AM   #14
Have a 2013 silverback. Put a penguin lo pro in bedroom, my height is 13' 4".
2013 Silverback 33RL
2010 2500 RAM 6.7L
tkmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #15
I just ordered a
Dometic Duo Therm Brisk Air2 RV Air Conditioner 13.5 BTU With Heat Strip...
for $558 with inside controls and the height is 12.7'' with my trailer being at 12' 1'' at the point where my light is I should be under 13'6''by 4 to 5''. I feel like I should be fine. We don't travel like most, just to the beach and lake for holidays and vacation when we can.... still working for the day I get to just go when we want to.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:21 PM   #16
For an accurate maximum height determination, you have to be hooked up, level, with all tanks empty, tires at max pressure, and without most of you normal loaded stuff in either the TV or the camper. I have tried 3 times to get a good measurement with lots of variance. On level ground, set up a laser level on the highest point on the camper against a wall very close to the side of the camper. Then measure up to that point from the ground. My most important factor is that my roof is curved from side to side, making most methods inaccurate. Don't trust factory figures at all.
2011 Sabre Silhouette 260BHS
2006 F-250 6.OL
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:28 PM   #17
I didn't that's why I hooked up and pulled to level area to determine my height. I was an inch different from one side to other with trailer mt of fluids do if anything it'll be lower when loaded.