Old 06-18-2015, 10:50 PM   #1

I can't get the a/c to come from the roof vents

I am sure that it is my fault, since I just picked my 2016 Forest River Heritage Glen 356qb, but I can't get the A/C to come from the roof vents. I closed the vents on the unit, thinking that would divert the air, but it did not. The thermostat is set at 60 and the fan is set to auto. There is an additional unit in the master bedroom, but it is only for the master bedroom. What step have I missed?

Old 06-18-2015, 11:20 PM   #2

Is the quick dunno feature open on the ac unit itself? There's a vent on the unit with a sliding door. That's if the unit is running?

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Is the quick dunno feature open on the ac unit itself? There's a vent on the unit with a sliding door. That's if the unit is running?
Yes, we closed the doors, and it never transfers to the vents. It is weird.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:24 PM   #4

We as having the same issue with our 356qb, during our walk thru they just had the air dump open and the unit felt great, I closed the dump, air had been running all day set at 61. With a couple mins it was warm again.

From what the tech told me, there are 2 vent runs, 1 to front and 1 to rear, all the air appeared to be coming out in rear bath and front bedroom (end runs) there appeared no change in pressure on the remaining vents in living or bunk house.

The tech stated the front Ac needs to be ducted to force more air towards the rear.

They taped off the front bedroom vents at the front bath, restricted the front and rear bath as well using duct tape (aluminum tape). This seemed to help and allowed noticeable change in air flow between the remaining ducts.

SK2 Camping Crew
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat
2015 Heritage Glen 356QB
Old 06-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #5

We are limping through this week. luckily we have 2 units. My wife won't let me do anything since it is under warranty. I will post what they do to fix it when we get home.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:29 PM   #6

Having the same issue. I'm looking at making the front unit ducted and adding a thermostat in the master bedroom.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:39 PM   #7

Please let me know how that goes.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #8

Don't know if it could be similar, but when we complained about the lack of AC to the bedroom, the dealer tech said the ducting was "messed up" from the factory. FR'S solution was to install a 2nd AC. We can now cool the rig but we can't help but believe their fix was a bandaid.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
Don't know if it could be similar, but when we complained about the lack of AC to the bedroom, the dealer tech said the ducting was "messed up" from the factory. FR'S solution was to install a 2nd AC. We can now cool the rig but we can't help but believe their fix was a bandaid.
I am fairly sure that it is blocked ducting. Our unit came equipped with 2 AC units. The master a/c will freeze you out, it is just an issue in the living room and rear bedroom and bathroom.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #10

I was thinking the same thing. I ran across an ad at harbor freight for a fiber optic inspection camera. I bought it put the scope in at each ceiling vent and checked the ductwork from one end of rv to the other and did not find any blocks or openings that did not belong. I blocked off the vents in the master bedroom, bathroom and blocked half of the vent in the bunkhouse and i now get air out of the vents in the living room. I will post more when i get the parts to change the bedroom a/c to ducted.

Tags
vent, air conditioner