Old 06-20-2015, 03:07 AM   #41

Same problem

4inch hitch extension does the trick for me. UOTE=JTHale13;871275]Okay so here is my problem... I have a 2012 Cherokee grey wolf 28bh and I pull it with a 2004 ford expedition and I use the equalizer brand hitch. When hooked up I can't completely open my lift gate. Does anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Old 06-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajenkins1005 View Post
I have an Expedition and had the same problem. I turned the head of the electric jack. It was very easy, and cost nothing. Just remove the rubber plug on the neck of the head. Take out the screw. Turn the head to the side. There should be a pre drilled hole already in the spot you need it. I did have to tap the hole so that the screw would thread in.

Hope this helps.

Attachment 79027
I thought I'd update everyone on my progress. I unbolted the head and turned it 90 like in the post above. I haven't had a chance to hitch up my expedition and check if it allowed enough clearance yet but it looks like it'll work. Once I get around to giving it a try I'll post more pics of the results.

2012 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH

2001 Rockwood Freedom 2280 popup <--For Sale
JTHale13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #43
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Glad that worked out for you. Cheap easy fix
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHale13 View Post
I thought I'd update everyone on my progress. I unbolted the head and turned it 90 like in the post above. I haven't had a chance to hitch up my expedition and check if it allowed enough clearance yet but it looks like it'll work. Once I get around to giving it a try I'll post more pics of the results.
The head on mine looks like there are two bolts on the side that hold it on... Was yours the same? Also, as I couldn't find any assembly diagrams on this thing, can the head be unbolted without supporting the tongue? I'd hate to take it lose and have everything come crashing down...
rhayes2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #45

I had the same problem of tailgate hitting my jack starting with a 17' Casita,..... the crank was top mounted so I could twist the handle a little and then could let the tailgate down, but then came the Micro Lite 21DS, with the crank side mounted on the front side it was more troublesome,.......

solition:.......Jack-E-UP, it worked great on the 21DS and now also on the Micro Lite 25KS, my dad used to say a picture is worth a 1,000 words, so a video must surely be worth a lot more, the link below is a youtube video of the Jack-E-Up by its inventor, the video can explain what it is and what it does much better than I can,.......

all I can say is it works and solved that tailgate problem for me, maybe it isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I think it"s a great idea and it's certainly a very useful device for my travel trailer,......

ps: it also eliminates the possibility of bending the jack, which can and does happen when folks don't raise their jacks up all the way

Tags
modifications