Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2016, 07:44 PM   #1

Installed indash navigation system in F150

For my Christmas gift I installed a aftermarket in dash Android navigation system https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in my 2006 F-150 TV. In addition to the navigation system (Sygic) it has a backup camera input. I replaced tailgate handle with one that has hole for camera, installed camera https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and ran cable to nav system and tied power into reverse light.
It has 2 USB cables which I mounted on each side of the cig lighter for charging phones or tablets.
The nav system came with ODB2 scanner software (Torque Pro)for monitoring my engine system. Did not have a tach in my truck. just had to add plug in blue-tooth OBD2 adapter which I already had.
Also blue-tooth connection for cell phone hands free.
I got most of this system from Amazon.
can't wait for first camping trip to try it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0608.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	99214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0609.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	99215   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0611.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	99216   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0612.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	99217  
Mrpsyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #2

Nice set up ya got. I use that to monitor my powerstroke pids. Pretty neat app.
Wa11y757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpsyko View Post
For my Christmas gift I installed a aftermarket in dash Android navigation system https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in my 2006 F-150 TV. In addition to the navigation system (Sygic) it has a backup camera input. I replaced tailgate handle with one that has hole for camera, installed camera https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and ran cable to nav system and tied power into reverse light.
It has 2 USB cables which I mounted on each side of the cig lighter for charging phones or tablets.
The nav system came with ODB2 scanner software (Torque Pro)for monitoring my engine system. Did not have a tach in my truck. just had to add plug in blue-tooth OBD2 adapter which I already had.
Also blue-tooth connection for cell phone hands free.
I got most of this system from Amazon.
can't wait for first camping trip to try it out.
That is awesome!!!

How does the handsfree bluetooth work, sound quality wise???

And did torque come built in???
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #4

In dash Nav

The blue-tooth hand free has good voice quality, there is a jack on the back so you can add a external mic but I did not use it, the mic came with the system but I read were it was low quality and sounded crappy.
The torque program came preloaded on the system along with other apps like a mp3 player. You can down load other apps from the google store.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #5

I'll be interested to hear how your cell tower based GPS works as you venture away from urban areas and get into weaker service areas. I had an in-dash Kenwood flip screen radio/dvd system that was bundled with a Garmin GPS module that unfortunately was stolen (whole 'nother story), and chose to find another similar system to replace it because I just didn't have confidence that a cell based NAV system would give full coverage. So let us know how yours works. Sure will open a lot of options if you don't see any coverage fall off.
BigMac8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #6

It is not a cell tower based GPS system, there is a external GPS antenna that works off the GPS satelites, that attached to the back of the Nav unit. I have used it for short trips of 100 miles or so and it is pretty accurate.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #7

Picture of back of unit.

The maps are loaded into the units memory so it will work without internet or cell tower reception.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7 inch universal android in dash car auto radio.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	99283  

Tags
f150, led