Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2017, 01:45 AM   #1

Installing a TV mount

Recently purchased a wildwood 175 BH and it comes pre wired to cable and has the DVD player installed but not a TV. There's a spot on the wall that says TV mount ready. What does that mean? Just buy a mounting bracket and bolt it on? Does it have to be a certain one. Looking at either a 19" or 24" TV and a swing mount.

Thanks in advance
bmcox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #2

Yes - there is framework behind that sticker for the mounting hardware to screw into. We have the same sticker in our new Rockwood and that's what the dealer told me.
kdp1897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Plywood board
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp1897 View Post
Yes - there is framework behind that sticker for the mounting hardware to screw into. We have the same sticker in our new Rockwood and that's what the dealer told me.
Did they say how big the framework is? A certain size mount to order or how much weight it would hold
Old 02-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #5

You should be able to determine the size of the wall backing plate with a stud finder. I can't speak to how much weight it will hold. I thought the location tag or trailer literature usually had that information.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #6

Thanks, the camper is in storage at the dealer we bought it from until the roads get better and some of the snow melts so I am not close enough to go check it.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #7

I just recently did this to my camper, and the bracket comes with the proper bolts. I would recommend MORryde TV brackets, the one below is what I put on. These are specifically for RVs so they lock in place. I got mine on Amazon, check around not too bad on price.

Use a stud finder to find the boundaries. Make sure you are well within those boundaries, shouldn't be hard mine was like 12x12 or so possibly bigger. Mark the holes, predrill them as indicated in the instructions. Use a wratchet and socked for the lag bolts, not an impact or drill.

Small Extending Swivel Wall Mount

Here's a video that shows this....

One last thing..... be VERY careful when drilling that you do not go too deep. Put a drill stop on the drill bit or use another block of wood to drill through to prevent going through the outside wall.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Plywood board
My 2016 Flagstaff has a METAL backer board on the outside wall.
When I called the factory to determine how big it was, they told me to take a magnet and find the perimeter. It worked perfectly. I did find out though it was only about 1/16" thick.

I was also told on the Flagstaff's... the outer wall backers were metal, interior wall backers were plywood.

X2 on using extreme caution when drilling, especially on an outside wall.
Use some kind of drill stop. That thin Lauan/Styrofoam/Fiberglass wall can be punched through very easily.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
You should be able to determine the size of the wall backing plate with a stud finder. I can't speak to how much weight it will hold. I thought the location tag or trailer literature usually had that information.
You got literature??? We got the paper on nearly every accessory or gaget, but only a very general book full of one size fits all trailer information from FR. I actually toured the factory to learn IF and WHERE the plumping, wiring and actual framing is hidden. At our main TV there is actually a really big piece of 2X6 behind the panel that would support alot. And a plywood backing in the bedroom that will support about any modern TV that will fit in the space on the wall.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
You got literature??? We got the paper on nearly every accessory or gaget, but only a very general book full of one size fits all trailer information from FR. I actually toured the factory to learn IF and WHERE the plumping, wiring and actual framing is hidden. At our main TV there is actually a really big piece of 2X6 behind the panel that would support alot. And a plywood backing in the bedroom that will support about any modern TV that will fit in the space on the wall.
As we've wandered through TT's on the dealer lots I have seen some max weights or sizes on the TV mounting stickers or paperwork attached to the wall near the mount point. I don't know how consistent they are but it was worth mentioning.

In my trailer the TV mount is part of the cabinet framing running to the floor so wasn't really a concern. In particular since I was able to access the backside and use T nuts for all the hardware mounting. I have a couple of the drawings for my trailer. They were sent to me when I needed to know where the TV antenna securing plates were located and a mount location in an exterior wall. All it took was a phone call to the company and they e-mailed them to me. Electrical schematics are another story and the response as to why didn't improve my confidence on how my trailer was wired.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox86 View Post
Did they say how big the framework is? A certain size mount to order or how much weight it would hold

No. I was going to use the same Moview mount by Ramco that is in the living room. But I'm going to get a TV smaller than the 32 inch in the living room.
kdp1897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #12

mounting bracket

So I have a sticker telling me where the mounting bracket is in my 2618 VS, but I'm a bit nervous drilling into the wall. How do I know how much mounting space I actually have? I am having a hard time determining the size with a stud finder or magnet. Is the sticker placed directly in the middle of the plate?
A little help would be appreciated.
pd2436 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount