Old 07-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #1

Interior Bulb Replacement?

Who here had those? My light on my drivers door went out and I think it would be neat to switch it to LED. I'd eventually like ALL lights to be LED. Front blinkers, rear blinkers, rear markers...etc. I found [link deleated as spam]on google and it looks like they include everything I need. Anyone know any other sites?

Thanks

Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums Jetracer,

Looks kinda expensive to me for no real gain. The reasoning behind replacing the standard incandescent bulbs for the regular lights in the RV is to conserve on battery power while dry camping. If not for that reason alone they are really expensive to change out for lights that don't get used much or are on only when the engine is running and providing power to the battery of the vehicle such as tail lights, marker lights etc.

You can do a search on this forum for LED lights as there are many posts regarding the changing of the ceiling lights with LEDs

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

IMO LED's are as NWJeeper said a big waste of money if you have nothing to gain. Putting them in a vehicle is a waste due to the fact you are generating power when these lights would be used to start with and even if you left them on if your vehicle has been built within the last ten years it probaly has ccts to shut down power drain with an hour or so of leaving the vehicle. I would say look for more useful places to spend your hard earned $$.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #4

Unless, as I felt about the whole LED situation for markers etc. I didn't have to switch over from regular marker and brake lights, but you know, everybody has those. I went to our local truck body builder, talked to the parts department about the newest LED marker lights and brake lights. I go some, installed them, and if you do tow at night like I tend to do, the LED lights are ALOT brighter, and much easier to see, especially in the rain. That reason alone, I do not regret doing it. Sure it cost me, but it also looks really cool, and nobody's Roo looks like mine now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4080017.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	3129   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5240030.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	3130  
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Was there any issues of your TV indicating that the turn signals aren't working? I've read that since the LEDs draw less power, the TV thinks that the bulb is burnt out & will indicate such on the dash.
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 AM   #6

The LED's require far less power consumption to operate, therefore IF you have times when you "dry camp", you can go farther on the battery power.
Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrnd View Post
Was there any issues of your TV indicating that the turn signals aren't working? I've read that since the LEDs draw less power, the TV thinks that the bulb is burnt out & will indicate such on the dash.
A modern TV shouldn't have an issue. I have an 18' flat deck that came with all LED lighting and the 08 Dodge has no trouble with them.

John & Deb
Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #8

No, mine does not. Using the factory trailer wiring, there isn't a problem.
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
IMO LED's are as NWJeeper said a big waste of money if you have nothing to gain. Putting them in a vehicle is a waste due to the fact you are generating power when these lights would be used to start with and even if you left them on if your vehicle has been built within the last ten years it probaly has ccts to shut down power drain with an hour or so of leaving the vehicle. I would say look for more useful places to spend your hard earned $$.

Soon all the lights in all vehicles will be LED, except the headlights.
Trailers and motorhomes are already using them inside which I think is a good deal. No heat and low 12V DC wattage. They have some LED that you will be surprise how brite they are.

Now exterior is another issue. Unless they came with LED I wouldn't waste the money.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Soon all the lights in all vehicles will be LED, except the headlights.
Trailers and motorhomes are already using them inside which I think is a good deal. No heat and low 12V DC wattage. They have some LED that you will be surprise how brite they are.

Now exterior is another issue. Unless they came with LED I wouldn't waste the money.
I don't have an issue with anything that comes factory with them as like I said above my car hauler has all LED lighting, I just wouldn't waste money to put them in a tow vehicle. In a trailer again is a different story IF you dry camp alot but if you don't again it is at this point alot of money IMO for poor quality lighting as I have not yet seen an LED that can produce a quality light that I am OK with. That last statement is a personal assessment of the quality of light as my BIL thinks the same LED produces acceptable quality light and hence he and I have had a long ongoing argument about LEDs as a reading light source. For any other use I think at some point they will take over and it makes sense, they just need to work on the quality of the light.

John & Deb