The fan is a one time cost and works.

It also takes less space, a no brainer.

Denis & Diane
2010 Sabre 31REDS
Ford F-250 2011
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #92
Miatared: if you install alkaline batteries they will last you for the most of the season camping. And one nice thing is. This fan is made in the USA!

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #93
The batteries are not the issue with the blue 2 D battery fan, it has no air flowing out of them. The 2 D battery fan will not blow out a lit match, try this. It runs very low rpms so your batteries will last the entire camping season. Same as a 120V box fan, turn the rpms way down they will not blow air either. The ebay fan pushes out a lot of air ( 25 times more than the 2D fan )and once hooked up as long as camper has battery power so does the ebay fan.
Camping World needs to sell this ebay fan and campers could then say I have a fan in my refrigerator.
toobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #94
Just bought one...I never really had a problem other than taking forever to cool down, but I like the reduction in cold setting to conserve propane.
2008 Sequoia
2008 Shamrock 25RS
fbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #95
Why this fan is what every one says it is:
1). It has full money back guarantee even full return shipping back to seller. He pays shipping both ways if you don't like it.
2). I installed mine in 4 mins. 1-wire to hook up and 1-squeeze alligator clip
3). I had major frost build up when mine arrived. 5 days later, move fan position once, NO Frost!!!!
4). Puts out high volume of air. Squirrel cage 2-D fan very low air movement.
5). Mounts with 1 squeeze clip to fin and it turns on. Un-mount from fin goes off.
Every camper needs this thing. Does what they say it will, nothing more / nothing less!!
Ebay seller has a 100 % feedback score rating.
fatdirtywhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #96
OK, I just ordered one too. We already like having the fridge vs. ice chests. Just upgraded from tent trailer to travel trailer last year.
hntz4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #97
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I've had mine since July 2010. One thing it helps with is cooling down the fridge when you first turn it on. I turned mine on about three weeks ago just before going grocery shopping. 2 hours later it was cold enough to put food in there without a worry of spoilage. Now it wasn't 90 degrees out but it was plenty cold in a short amount of time even with the temp setting adjusted higher. I have one of the 2 D Battery type fans and there's no comparison between the two. Definitely in the top ten add-ons we've made.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #98
I also have a Dometic 4 door RM 1350. I had problems with it not cooling properly we couldn't get it below the mid 40's on setting 5. My wife noticed that on the lower left door there is a flap that fits into a half moon shaped groove when you close the door, it is supposed to close the flap against the right hand door but it would not close completely without a little pull. I tried to figure out what the problem was but couldn't so I slammed the door and lo and behold it closed properly. Has anyone else had this problem? If so did you fix it, how? When it is closed properly the temp is about 36 on setting 3.
tetsurvivor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #99
Top notch mod for refer. I have it and use it every time I'm camping. Ready to go when you get it out of package. Bumped my refer to 3, used to run on wide open 5. Stopped me from having to ever defrost. DOMETIC NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR FAN FOR RV 12 VOLT | eBay
Moparman3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #100
I purchased the fan and installed it and moved it all over the top of ref and still get frost build up and ref temp some times got hotter by a degree or to and then raised setting to a 5 and same results. I normally set ref to a 4 and keeps fer at say 35 or 36 degrees. The fan is now disconnected. I full time and ref only get defrosted say 2 times a year buy using a hair dryer to get ice off of fins. I had a ref tech tell me if fins ice over solid then it could make ref have a false sense of temp and never cycle on and off. Some day i may test again some day. Just not much $ to do a test. Sorry to be negative on this issue.

whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote