Old 07-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #1

Inverter power save

Hi all, proud new owner of a 233S. I upgraded from a Starcraft 16RB.

On to the issue.

Just installed a 1500 pure sine watt high surge inverter from gopower! I also wired in their ts30 auto transfer switch in the panel. All in all, the install went well. Took some time, and learning.

Tonight, I put the camper on shore power, and no issues. Took off the shore power and about 20 seconds later, the inverter powered the distribution panel (minus the converter) great!

I have the gopower! Inverter in power save mode. When on inverter power the microwave will beep and the clock will display, however; after about 20 seconds the inverter goes into power save and the microwave turns off. 10 seconds later the microwave beeps, and turns the clock on. This cycle happens over and over.

Should I just turn the power save feature off? I would like to utilize it, but it doesn't seem convenient with the microwave issue.

Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Old 07-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #2

Well, I found that turning any other 110V appliance on, even just plugging in a cell phone, stops the microwave from rebooting.

I guess the power draw on the clock is so little, the inverter goes into power save mode, and then the inverter senses the clock draw and kicks back on, only to turn back off a few seconds later because of how low the draw is.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #3

Just curious, where did you end up installing the inverter? In the batterey compartment? Am installing a GoPower GP 1000 myself.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe1840 View Post
Just curious, where did you end up installing the inverter? In the batterey compartment? Am installing a GoPower GP 1000 myself.
I will take pictures tonight.

I installed the inverter in the cabinet next to the front bed (between the bunk and the dinning room). I secured it to the exterior wall and drilled holes through the floor for the positive/negative battery cables, the 12 gauge 3-wire supply to the distribution panel, and for the remote control RJ45 wire. These holes were all sealed using expanding foam insulation.

The battery cables were wired to the battery cut off switch and the negative terminal. The inverter fuse was mounted inside the battery block on the positive battery cable.

I then installed a 30 amp transfer switch behind the existing distribution panel. It also had a connection for the converter on the same terminal as shore power, so when the inverter takes over, the converter automatically disables.

My entire electrical panel (except converter) is tied into the inverter. We just have to remember not to turn on the electric water heater or AC when on inverter power.

The remote control for the inverter is installed near the distribution panel next to the CO2 detector. 2 more holes in the floor and filled.

All under coach wiring is zip tied to existing lines.

When I get home, I will shoot some pictures of the install.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #5

Sorry, took me a little longer than expected to get photos.

Here you go.

Tearing apart main distribution panel to add new automatic transfer switch.

Installation of new inverter remote control and status display.

Inverter install

Final product. Tested and working.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Tags
inverter, power