Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #1

Talking JT Strongarm Installation

We are about to purchase the 5th wheel JT Strongarm system for our rig. I've watched the install video but am still confused on the process. Not sure I trust myself enough to install these. Does anyone live near Clarksville, TN that might be able to come over and help install? We have a bed if you want to spend the night and will feed you too!

Visit my blog:https://www.rvlifemilitarystyle.blogspot.com

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Angelbunnie13182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:58 AM   #2

If you can do your own routine auto maintenance and small home repairs ,you can do it. I just did ours and a word of advice buy a quality step drill bit, way easier drilling threw the frame.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:49 AM   #3

The hard part is finding the center mark for the two that go from side to side IMO.

Then you need to look in the front storage area and make sure you will not drill thru anything.

Bolt it all up (loose) and then move to one side or the other measure, drill and bolt.

Once everything is bolted tighten every on down good.

Read the directions, then read them again until you are sure.

If you go with a step bit do be careful as I find it easy sometimes to over drill the hole.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
The hard part is finding the center mark for the two that go from side to side IMO.

Then you need to look in the front storage area and make sure you will not drill thru anything.

Bolt it all up (loose) and then move to one side or the other measure, drill and bolt.

Once everything is bolted tighten every on down good.

Read the directions, then read them again until you are sure.

If you go with a step bit do be careful as I find it easy sometimes to over drill the hole.
Second that on the bit , easiest way is to tape the notch above the one you want and drill carefully. A tape measure with a magnetic tip and printed fractions is real nice if your installing alone. Center mark the trailer and the bracket. PM me if you want some pics of mine and pointers as I literaly installed mine last week.