Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #21

Very cool. I mounted a box on mine too. Enough space for two batteries, a master on/off kill switch a couple extra leveling pads. I had to move the propane tank bracket forward an inch or two, but aside from that it fit perfectly.
I drilled some holes in the side and bought some soffet type round vents from Home Depot and glued them in place.

trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEMAN View Post
I had the same problem with the storage, but I solved it with a sliding tray. I built it using 8' garage door rails and rollers.
my last trailer, 2011 puma unleashed 356QLB toy hauler, had that coffin trough factory install in the basement, very handy, very cool, I liked it. Yours looks good
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUTiger View Post
I attached this Kobalt box to my travel trailer. I squeezed it in between my ProPride hitch jacks and front of camper. I attached it to frame with some U bolts, so I didn't have to drill into my frame Attachment 78661Attachment 78662

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
LSU,
Do u know dimensions on the box u used, and did u put any vent holes in it for the battery to breathe?
Thanks,
Brian
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
LSU,
Do u know dimensions on the box u used, and did u put any vent holes in it for the battery to breathe?
Thanks,
Brian

I'll have to get back with you on the measurement. You might try looking it up on the Lowes website. It has some nice holes that I use for vents on each side that are used to mount it to a truck using a bracket Kobalt makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
LSUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote