Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #1

Latest mods

So today I had a busy day. First I washed the roof and made it nice an white again, second I added a 32" tv to the living area, third I added another 32" tv to the master bedroom, third I ran the coax cable for the sat from the plug inside to a splitter then threw the wall so all I have to do is move the directv box from the bedroom to the living room. Fourth, (not a mod but a much needed cleaning), I washed the heck out of the black and grey tanks and they may as well be brand new. Fifth, I took of the cheesy stabilizers in the back and put on good quality scissor jacks. Sixth, I cleaned the coils for the air conditioner with compressed air and the foaming coil cleaner. Seventh, I finally adjusted the WDH so it is correct with the anti sway cams, (reese dual cam WDH). All in all it's been a busy busy day. I am going to take out my top bunk tomorrow and finish the few little details I have left tomorrow. I will also post Picts tomorrow if anyone is interested!!! To give all some light on why I have done all of this is because I used to have a 2011 Catalina for work bought by work but I have decided to use my personal TT for work since they will pay me $45.00 per day that I use it. So I am down to one camper. The reason for all the modding is to make it comfortable to live in for very long periods of time (45-90 days) then around 10 days off then back to the grind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #2

Ok. Good job to you...I feel like crap. Lol.

born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #3

Man you've been busy, you must have more that a 24 hour day . It takes me a whole day to do my roof and 4 slides.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #4

It takes me a day just to prepare myself mentally to do half of what you just said!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #5

Here's the living room tv mounted in place. What I did for this one since it had the foot stand on it, I put a good shelf in from stud to stud and then screwed the tv foot to the shelf. Then I put in eyelit anchors form the further studs on the top and stretched a bungee cord over the top for traveling. It is solid as rock!

This is the bedroom tv mounted in place. I took two sections of 1"x4" boards three feet long and screwed them into the three studs that they hit. Then I got a tilting tv mount from Walmart and mounted it to the 1"x4" boards. I chose to do this on this way because I wanted to leave walking room in front of the tv. This mount is solid enough I don't need any other securing for traveling.

As for the cable it was a bugger to get it to look decent and I didn't get any Picts of it due to the tvs being in the way but the coax goes threw the wall after the splitter.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #6

Wow I am honestly surprised to see zero comments from the wonderful people on here about the tv mounting!!!! Just so y'all know I am not fishing for comments I am just shocked to see it this dormant is all!!

Old 09-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #7
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

You mean like these leveling jacks I fabbed up.
No more stacking boards under the tires to get level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410071273556.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	62258   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410071292144.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	62259  
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
You mean like these leveling jacks I fabbed up.
No more stacking boards under the tires to get level.

I like this idea. I just might have to use it!

Old 09-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerpa View Post
Wow I am honestly surprised to see zero comments from the wonderful people on here about the tv mounting!!!! Just so y'all know I am not fishing for comments I am just shocked to see it this dormant is all!
Wondering how you watch the tv over the couch? Do you watch it via a mirror? BTW, nice job.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Wondering how you watch the tv over the couch? Do you watch it via a mirror? BTW, nice job.

I actually don't use the couch the only time the couch is used is when I am camping with the family and not using it for work. My job requires quite a bit of computer time so I just sit at the table and watch the tv and do my computer work in the evenings then move the directv box to the bedroom and lay and relax and fall asleep!
Plus when I'm camping with my family I don't like hooking up the directv. I like to light a campfire and sit around that and enjoy the great outdoors!

Old 09-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerpa View Post
I actually don't use the couch the only time the couch is used is when I am camping with the family and not using it for work. My job requires quite a bit of computer time so I just sit at the table and watch the tv and do my computer work in the evenings then move the directv box to the bedroom and lay and relax and fall asleep!
Plus when I'm camping with my family I don't like hooking up the directv. I like to light a campfire and sit around that and enjoy the great outdoors!

X2
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications