Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #161
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying dutchman
Thanks, it is available to the "public" now. Great mod.
Yw and Ty!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #162
Senior Member
 
Coops1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 358
I thought I'd add this wiring diagram, it's RJHuser mod from post 100.

__________________

__________________
26WRB - V-Lite
Denali HD LML
Coops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #163
Senior Member
 
annamarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Heart of the Fingerlakes
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769

You are exactly right! That is what my post was explaining.
The photo's caption states it is over-extended.
I've never heard of not having the awning over extended. What happens if you do? I've always rolled it out 'til it stops. You learn something new everyday.
__________________
David & Annamarie(Fatty & Harley)
2011 Rockwood windjammer(3065)
annamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #164
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by annamarie View Post

I've never heard of not having the awning over extended. What happens if you do? I've always rolled it out 'til it stops. You learn something new everyday.
For one when over extended it creates a trough for water to pool in and for two when the awning is fully extended it puts undue stress on the the insert that's sewn into the fabric that goes into the roller.
I try to leave a half a wrap or better before stopping.

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #165
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
I plan on doing this mod when we get our new trailer in the spring but since we have never owned a power awning before I have a question. When you push the switch in the trailer to move the awning in or out I presume you hold the switch down and it stops automatically when it either fully extends or fully retracts, then you let the switch go.
__________________
MB Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #166
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Flatlander View Post
... I presume you hold the switch down and it stops automatically when it either fully extends or fully retracts, then you let the switch go.
You presume wrong. You have to hold the switch until it reaches where you want and release the switch. IT IS NOT AUTOMATIC STOP!
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #167
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Flatlander View Post
I plan on doing this mod when we get our new trailer in the spring but since we have never owned a power awning before I have a question. When you push the switch in the trailer to move the awning in or out I presume you hold the switch down and it stops automatically when it either fully extends or fully retracts, then you let the switch go.
That would be a bad assumption. It will run until the motor bogs down (open or closed). Release the button as soon as it is fully closed or stop it at the position you desire when you are opening it.

I like to have it out a foot or two during rainy nights where severe wind is not forecast so we can open the door without rain entering the camper.

If you hold it in too long you could blow the fuse. MINE is located behind the power center on a pigtail. A REAL PITA to change.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #168
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Well thats disappointing, not that its a big deal though. We have an electric shutter on our house that has a limit switch so that when you flip the switch and it stops on its own. I would have thought they would operate the same.
__________________
MB Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #169
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Flatlander View Post
Well thats disappointing, not that its a big deal though. We have an electric shutter on our house that has a limit switch so that when you flip the switch and it stops on its own. I would have thought they would operate the same.
Well I think I've found what would make you happy!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=140333447156
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #170
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,115
Thanks for all the info, I just ordered my kit!!!
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, power awning, remote, modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.