I am thinking to upgrade my batteries to get more power. Don't we all need more power? So I thought of using a pair of Trojan T105s, the so-called King of Batteries. But as a cheap person, I thought I do a comparison first. The results may shock you!
The top five lb/A-hr
1. Trojan SCS150 G24 @ 0.50 lb/A-hr
2. Trojan SCS150 G24 @ 0.51 lb/A-hr
3. Trojan SCS200 G27 @ 0.52 lb/A-hr
4. Everstart Maxx G29 @ 0.54 lb/A-hr
5a. Motomaster Nautilus G31 @ 0.55 lb/A-hr
5b. Note that most 6V systems start at 0.55 lb/A-hr too
The top five $/A-hr
1. Everstart Maxx G29 @ $0.96/A-hr
2. Motomaster Nautilus G27 @ $1.15/A-hr
3. Motomaster Nautilus G31 @ $1.22/A-hr
4. Motomaster Nautilus G34 @ $1.43/A-hr
5. Motomaster Nautilus 4D @ $1.44/A-hr
The 15 batteries I compared complete with data can be found here:
Everyone will have their opinion on what is the best. Quality was one thing I did not include, as I can not measure, but their warranties were listed as a starting point. Note too that many store brand batteries are made by very reputable companies. I wanted to add Costco's Kirkland 6V and 12V deep-cycles but had no data.
Please share any comments, data or prices with me and I can add them to the spreadsheet.