Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #111
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhoppe View Post
TimeFurnace,

The white "wedge" connector (T10/921) shown in the photo fits my fixtures. Not sure what you have in your RV though. The only thing I had to do to secure it was put a piece of double-sided foam tape on the back to stick it to the metal reflector in the fixture. Takes a few minutes to do each one. Very simple.
This did NOT work for me. The heat from the LED pad softened the glue and they dropped onto the lens after a few days of use. See my "fix" in an earlier post.
Post 50 and 56 have instructions.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ults-9233.html

This LED fix has been in place and camped with for 88 days now with NO problems at all.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #112
Dismember

Thanks for the clarifications. I have been wanting to do an LED upgrade since my previous TT. I have had my new TT for only a week and a half and have not gotten around to removing the covers from the light fixtures to examine the various bases used. Once I get that figured out, I will likely do a pretty extensive LED replacement. We are almost exclusively boon-dockers and I hate the sound of a generator. Every little bit helps with maintaining battery SOC and the LED upgrade will be a big improvement.

2010 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 5.7L 4X4
TimeFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
This did NOT work for me. The heat from the LED pad softened the glue and they dropped onto the lens after a few days of use. See my "fix" in an earlier post.
Post 50 and 56 have instructions.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ults-9233.html

Yes, I saw your post before I got my lamps. However, they showed up in the mail the day we were leaving for a camping trip and I didn't remember to bring along some small zip ties. So while we were camping I found some foam tape and decided to try it. We used a few of the fixtures extensively and the foam tape seems to be holding. Although I'll be putting some zip ties in the camper in case they do let go.
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #114

Herk,

You da man. I decided to install one using your method. It's obviously way more sturdy than foam tape. I drilled two small holes in my reflector for the zip tie ends to poke through. Works like a champ. I'll be doing all the others just like this.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7250005.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	7082  
Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #115

what kind of money are you guys spending on these? i tried about 10 different style/brands of bulbs and nothing could even touch the revolution 300 lumen bulbs. unfortunately....nothing else touched the price either. i still love the bulbs though!

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #116
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
what kind of money are you guys spending on these? i tried about 10 different style/brands of bulbs and nothing could even touch the revolution 300 lumen bulbs. unfortunately....nothing else touched the price either. i still love the bulbs though!
The same crappy Federal Reseve notes you have in your wallet; no doubt!

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #117

The ones I bought are $.99 each with $2.60 shipping from Hong Kong. Lumens-wise, I think they're close, but maybe a tad less than the incandescent. I have no instruments to compare lumens though. I certainly wouldn't bank on posted specs either. To my eyes, they're close enough to be considered equal in light output. Certainly can't beat the price.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #118

Quote:
The ones I bought are $.99 each with $2.60 shipping from Hong Kong. Lumens-wise, I think they're close, but maybe a tad less than the incandescent. I have no instruments to compare lumens though. I certainly wouldn't bank on posted specs either. To my eyes, they're close enough to be considered equal in light output. Certainly can't beat the price.
i have 1 set of lights i paid around $5 each for....they came from hong konk too. i had to wait like 2 weeks for them. they are similar in light output to the regular incandescent bulb, but the light color is odd. its more of a "blue" output than a natural white color. they actually have a double sided tape attached to the back of them for mounting... i tried them in the main living area of the camper, but light output was poor. i put them in the light assembly right over the top of the headboard of my bed.....and they work fine for that, but very sub-par for lighting up a room. HOWEVERRR, i am about ready to throw them away all together now because one complete row of led's (6 bulbs) is starting to flicker. it drives me absolutely nuts. the one "cheep bulb" i actually gave a chance and used are taking a crap on me after 2 months.

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #119

Send a message via Skype™ to toshu
Quote:
Replaced mine with the 36 LED units. I went with "warm white" as I can't stand the bluish tint of regular bright white LEDs. I'm very happy with the results. My current measurements show them to draw about one-third the current compared to the incandescent bulbs. I just ordered some single T10 LED replacements for my two reading lamps over the couch. I'll report on those when I have them.

Here are the 36 LED units:
Warm White Light Lamp Panel 36 SMD LED+T10+Dome+BA9S Ad | eBay

Here are the singles:
2 X T10 8 LED SMD Car Bulb Wedge Side Light Lamp White | eBay

We tried 5 of the warm white 36 pads first, and both DW and I found them too yellow, so I then bought 5 more of the Bright white 36 pad lights and we found them to be brighter and better suited for us in reading or work areas. So we now have a combo of lights.

I do like the 8 LED lights you mentioned above, and went and ordered 4 of them to try in the reading lights .....we shall see if its enough light......
-2011-23 nights
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #120
Dismember

The slow boat from China finally arrived and I received my first set of LEDs. I purchased 8 of the white 36-element pads. They are not quite as bright as the incandescents that they are replacing but are very close.

According to my LinkLite, they consume about 20% of the power. I am going to get another 20 of them and replace all of the bulbs in the trailer. Even though they are not as bright as the factory bulbs the whiter quality of light is much preferred. I think the 36 element pads are about the right size too for most applications. We have one application (the dinette light) where I will purchase a 48 element pad. I am also considering putting a 48-er for the porch light but haven't made up my mind.

2010 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 5.7L 4X4
TimeFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt