Old 09-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #121
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFurnace View Post
The slow boat from China finally arrived and I received my first set of LEDs. I purchased 8 of the white 36-element pads. They are not quite as bright as the incandescents that they are replacing but are very close.

According to my LinkLite, they consume about 20% of the power. I am going to get another 20 of them and replace all of the bulbs in the trailer. Even though they are not as bright as the factory bulbs the whiter quality of light is much preferred. I think the 36 element pads are about the right size too for most applications. We have one application (the dinette light) where I will purchase a 48 element pad. I am also considering putting a 48-er for the porch light but haven't made up my mind.

Let us know how the 48 pad works outside as I am wanting to see how they work out there .

Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #122

my "honk kong" pad lights are junk already. i dont know if they are the same ones as yours, but mine drove me nuts. they are not as bright as the incandescent bulbs, just as you stated. so when i got all my revolution bulbs i put these "pad" leds over the bed in the bedroom. i rarely use those lights because they are not wired to the main bedroom switch. you have to use the local switch on the light housing so i only turned them on when getting into bed at night. annnnnyways.....there is 1 row out of the 6 rows on both pads that flickered constantly when the light is turned on. on one pad it is one of the end rows, and the other pad its a row in the middle (its not the same on both light assemblies). it flickers as fast as a strobe light (obviously not as bright) but enough to drive you frickin CRAZY. mine are now in the local landfill i got a set of revolution 200s to see how i liked them compared to the 300s i have everywhere else. they work excellent!

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #123

Is there a particular seller on Ebay that most people are using to get their LED light pads....anyone proven to be better than the others as far as lights not burning out, etc.? There are a lot of them from Hong Kong. I ordered a pair a long time ago and used the mounting method herk7769 suggested (works great) but I cannpt remember who I got them from.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #124
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmullen View Post
Is there a particular seller on Ebay that most people are using to get their LED light pads....anyone proven to be better than the others as far as lights not burning out, etc.? There are a lot of them from Hong Kong. I ordered a pair a long time ago and used the mounting method herk7769 suggested (works great) but I cannpt remember who I got them from.
Did you try looking at your history?
otherwise look at your feedback to find seller.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #125

I would still be curious if anyone has a recommended seller of the 36 LED pads.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #126
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
snip ... they are not as bright as the incandescent bulbs, just as you stated.
Mine are almost too bright - and I have the warmer white ones. I'm looking for something that provides less light than the incans. I tried a 24-LED pad and they were as bright as the 36's. The 24's had fewer LEDs but were larger.

Quote:
I would still be curious if anyone has a recommended seller of the 36 LED pads.
Here's a summary of my Ebay purchases.

2011_led was the first to get me my bulbs. Two of these arrived in 7 days

shop4un was the second to deliver four of these bulbs. They arrived in 12 days.

Bulbs from the third seller - itshotsale77 - were a little longer at 18 days iirc.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #127

Consider the following site: LED Lights & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS
Over the past several years they've been reputable, timely, and provided alternatives to incandescing lighting.
A bit of research regarding the mounting results in an easy installation, where the 28 LEDs received took less than an hour to install.
Good luck,
Mike
Old 09-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #128
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Did you try looking at your history?
otherwise look at your feedback to find seller.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #129

i just looked on ebay to see what mine are. they are titled 1156 BA15S 36-LED White Panel Light from seller "factorykiss". i would not recommend these for two reasons.....poor light output and poor quality. as i stated in my post yesterday.......there is a row of leds on each pad that flickers like a strobe light

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #130

Hello All,
First off, thank you for the tips on changing out the lights to LED's to save power.
Tie wrap idea was great as well.
We will taking our first trip in our first trailer @ the end of the month to see how everything works.
Back earlier in the posts there was a question about conductive epoxies, I use this stuff at my work lab all the time. It can be purchased thru McMaster Carr's website.
FYI: It is VERY expensive!
Take care,
Bob

Celicabob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt