Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #141

I noticed LEDTrailerlights.com is having a year end sale on their interior LED lights.
BobandArlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #142

Some great deals here at V-LEDS.COM | LED Dome, Map, License Plate, Reverse, DRL, Turn Signal, Brake Lights for your trailer or truck. The sale ends Jan 2nd
Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #143

The Stuff did you get your lights to work? I had the same problem (they look right in the picture) too small ends. I went to superbrightleds.com & ordered UPCB-BA15s bulb ends (thats what I call them). Just a little trim & they fit perfectly. I can try to take pics if necessary. Gary
Fitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #144

Great thread. I just ordered two each of the following to try out and see if we like the results. If so, we'll be doing a full replacement.

g4 for the little spotlight type lights...
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Going to try these in the overheads and the dining are in the main living space
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

and these in the task lighting areas.
crashbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #145
Moderator Emeritus

Crashbot, I have the same one in your second link from a different Hong Kong vender except you get free shipping, which gives you a better price. I think I'll order some extras.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbot View Post
Will this work with the 921 type sockets? If so, that seems like a perfect replacement for my over the stove light.
BackInAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInAction View Post
Will this work with the 921 type sockets? If so, that seems like a perfect replacement for my over the stove light.
No, The g4 bulb simply has two little wires sticking out. 4mm apart.

The 921 bulbs are the wedge bases, right? if you search ebay the same seller offers that typ of LED configuration with the 921 bases. I can't give you a link right now because I cant see ebay pictures at work...
Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #148

I read this whole thread (or close to it) and it seems like most people are using the flat, ping pong paddle type LED. Why this type and not the 360 degree type like this: T10 194 168 501 921 W5W 28 LED 3020 SMD Car Side Wedge Light Bulb Lamp White 12V | eBay

I would think that would give off better light and not the spotlight type.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaccountant View Post
I read this whole thread (or close to it) and it seems like most people are using the flat, ping pong paddle type LED. Why this type and not the 360 degree type like this: T10 194 168 501 921 W5W 28 LED 3020 SMD Car Side Wedge Light Bulb Lamp White 12V | eBay

I would think that would give off better light and not the spotlight type.
I can't speak for everyone else, but I can tell you my reasoning.

The type you listed send light in 360 degree pattern from the bulb. My fixtures don't have reflectors in the top of them(except the g4 ones, and I DID order your type for those, but mostly becasue the fixtures are tiny, so no room for a flat led panel with enough leds)So, without a reflector, any light emmitted towards the top of the fixture is wasted. I want all those LEDs pointing toward my working surface if they can be.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #150

Long Term LED Results--Update!

As original poster on this thread, I finally have some long-term results to share:

The small-size but bright 24 & 36-LED panels from Hong Kong (post #1, etc.) that I put into operation around Nov. 9, 2010 continue to perform flawlessly in my kitchen in daily useage in my 12-volt woods cabin. They have not failed, melted, or malfunctioned in any way. One 36-LED panel is mounted over my stove & sink and one 24-LED is over my kitchen table.

That's about 13 months of daily useage without a problem.

HOWEVER, the LED bulbs (single contact auto socket base) from Hong Kong that I put into operation around Nov. 28, 2010 (posts #30, 32, 40, etc.) began to fail a fews months ago when one or two of the LED's in the bulb began to flash after warming up. I think that two of them have done that so far and a third one flashes once in awhile. None of them have burned out totally, but the flashing is VERY annoying. I use the bulb type over my downstairs desk and don't use it any more than the kitchen LEDs which have not failed.

So, after a little more than one year of daily useage on both types, I find the small panel type to be reliable but the bulb type NOT reliable. Curiously, this is the second brand of bulb type LED's that I have tried. The first brand also burnt out and/or began flashing within a year or so. The bulb type appears to be well-made but they do not seem to last.

PS: the panel types are still poorly mounted hung with bread-bag ties and the wires just loosely twisted together!
Paul Stamser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt