Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #101

could you use small crimp connectors?
timorr98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #102

Just received my LED's from superbrite so far I like what I see. I wont be able to install them on the TT until the 27th but here are some pics of a quick test I did.
Here is the darkest area I could find.

Here is the WLED-WWHP6-TAC

Here is the WLED-WWHP10-DAC

I'll follow up once they are installed.
KoolAide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #103

Just installed 11 LED's purchased from Superbriteleds.com. I used four warm white HP10-DAC bulbs in the overhead fixtures, two HP6-D bulbs over the table, and five 921-WW12's in the RV's remaining fixtures. Tonight, we'll see if everything is bright enough.

The first picture shows a ceiling fixture with a stock 921 on the left, and the 10 element LED on the right. The second picture has a 6 element LED on the left, & 10 element on the right.

Tom T.
2011 - 2104 Mini-Lite

Name:	DSCF0068.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	6737   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0069.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6738  
Great Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #104
Site Team - Lou

I found the 36 LED pads the correct size for us, although some have had good luck with 24 LED pads. You are the first to test smaller units.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I found the 36 LED pads the correct size for us, although some have had good luck with 24 LED pads. You are the first to test smaller units.
The new lighting scheme was mostly successful, but Linda wants more light in the bathroom. Just ordered some of the 36 LED pads, and plan to try them in the main overhead fixtures & relocate the 10 element units to the bathroom. Now I just have to wait for the slow boat from China for delivery.

Tom T.
2011 - 2104 Mini-Lite

Old 07-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #106
Flagstaff 625D Popup

I just upgraded the six 921 bulbs in my 625D pop-up to these:
LED 6 CHIP 921 REPLACEMENT RV BULB | eBay

I puchased these because they have the circuitry to drive the LED bulbs properly with a constant current. These gives longer LED life, better reliabilty and constant brightness as the battery voltage changes.

Installation couldn't have been simplier, slide the lens off, pull the 921 bulb, push in the LED replacement, slide the lens back on.

To my eye the LED replacements are not quite as bright as the bulbs. But the bulbs look really orange-yellow compared to the white of the LEDs.

The main reason I changed to LED was that if we had two of the lights on and turned on the third the other two would dim because of the current draw. Now that doesn't happen.

Overall I am very happy with these LED replacements.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #107

Replaced mine with the 36 LED units. I went with "warm white" as I can't stand the bluish tint of regular bright white LEDs. I'm very happy with the results. My current measurements show them to draw about one-third the current compared to the incandescent bulbs. I just ordered some single T10 LED replacements for my two reading lamps over the couch. I'll report on those when I have them.

Here are the 36 LED units:
Warm White Light Lamp Panel 36 SMD LED+T10+Dome+BA9S Ad | eBay

Here are the singles:
2 X T10 8 LED SMD Car Bulb Wedge Side Light Lamp White | eBay
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #108

My 36 element LED's also just arrived, & I installed them in main overhead fixtures. Looks like we'll have plenty of light now.

I relocated the 10 element units to the bathroom and table fixtures, and the 6 element units are now over the sink and exhaust hood (tight fit!). Our next trip is next month, so we'll see how everything works then.

Tom T.
2011 - 2104 Mini-Lite

Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #109
Dismember

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhoppe View Post
I confess I am losing lock on the ebb and flow of this thread. The link you show for the 36 LED units states that they come with various bases. Are any of those bases compatible with existing fixtures or did you have to splice or otherwise kluge up a connection? All of the posts about conductive epoxy have me a bit confused.
TimeFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #110

TimeFurnace,

The white "wedge" connector (T10/921) shown in the photo fits my fixtures. Not sure what you have in your RV though. The only thing I had to do to secure it was put a piece of double-sided foam tape on the back to stick it to the metal reflector in the fixture. Takes a few minutes to do each one. Very simple.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #111
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
TimeFurnace,

The white "wedge" connector (T10/921) shown in the photo fits my fixtures. Not sure what you have in your RV though. The only thing I had to do to secure it was put a piece of double-sided foam tape on the back to stick it to the metal reflector in the fixture. Takes a few minutes to do each one. Very simple.
This did NOT work for me. The heat from the LED pad softened the glue and they dropped onto the lens after a few days of use. See my "fix" in an earlier post.
Post 50 and 56 have instructions.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ults-9233.html

This LED fix has been in place and camped with for 88 days now with NO problems at all.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #112
Dismember

Thanks for the clarifications. I have been wanting to do an LED upgrade since my previous TT. I have had my new TT for only a week and a half and have not gotten around to removing the covers from the light fixtures to examine the various bases used. Once I get that figured out, I will likely do a pretty extensive LED replacement. We are almost exclusively boon-dockers and I hate the sound of a generator. Every little bit helps with maintaining battery SOC and the LED upgrade will be a big improvement.

2010 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 5.7L 4X4
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
This did NOT work for me. The heat from the LED pad softened the glue and they dropped onto the lens after a few days of use. See my "fix" in an earlier post.
Post 50 and 56 have instructions.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ults-9233.html

Yes, I saw your post before I got my lamps. However, they showed up in the mail the day we were leaving for a camping trip and I didn't remember to bring along some small zip ties. So while we were camping I found some foam tape and decided to try it. We used a few of the fixtures extensively and the foam tape seems to be holding. Although I'll be putting some zip ties in the camper in case they do let go.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #114

Herk,

You da man. I decided to install one using your method. It's obviously way more sturdy than foam tape. I drilled two small holes in my reflector for the zip tie ends to poke through. Works like a champ. I'll be doing all the others just like this.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7250005.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	7082  
Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #115

what kind of money are you guys spending on these? i tried about 10 different style/brands of bulbs and nothing could even touch the revolution 300 lumen bulbs. unfortunately....nothing else touched the price either. i still love the bulbs though!

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #116
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
what kind of money are you guys spending on these? i tried about 10 different style/brands of bulbs and nothing could even touch the revolution 300 lumen bulbs. unfortunately....nothing else touched the price either. i still love the bulbs though!
The same crappy Federal Reseve notes you have in your wallet; no doubt!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #117

The ones I bought are $.99 each with $2.60 shipping from Hong Kong. Lumens-wise, I think they're close, but maybe a tad less than the incandescent. I have no instruments to compare lumens though. I certainly wouldn't bank on posted specs either. To my eyes, they're close enough to be considered equal in light output. Certainly can't beat the price.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:57 AM   #118

Quote:
The ones I bought are $.99 each with $2.60 shipping from Hong Kong. Lumens-wise, I think they're close, but maybe a tad less than the incandescent. I have no instruments to compare lumens though. I certainly wouldn't bank on posted specs either. To my eyes, they're close enough to be considered equal in light output. Certainly can't beat the price.
i have 1 set of lights i paid around $5 each for....they came from hong konk too. i had to wait like 2 weeks for them. they are similar in light output to the regular incandescent bulb, but the light color is odd. its more of a "blue" output than a natural white color. they actually have a double sided tape attached to the back of them for mounting... i tried them in the main living area of the camper, but light output was poor. i put them in the light assembly right over the top of the headboard of my bed.....and they work fine for that, but very sub-par for lighting up a room. HOWEVERRR, i am about ready to throw them away all together now because one complete row of led's (6 bulbs) is starting to flicker. it drives me absolutely nuts. the one "cheep bulb" i actually gave a chance and used are taking a crap on me after 2 months.

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #119

Quote:
Replaced mine with the 36 LED units. I went with "warm white" as I can't stand the bluish tint of regular bright white LEDs. I'm very happy with the results. My current measurements show them to draw about one-third the current compared to the incandescent bulbs. I just ordered some single T10 LED replacements for my two reading lamps over the couch. I'll report on those when I have them.

Here are the 36 LED units:
Warm White Light Lamp Panel 36 SMD LED+T10+Dome+BA9S Ad | eBay

Here are the singles:
2 X T10 8 LED SMD Car Bulb Wedge Side Light Lamp White | eBay

We tried 5 of the warm white 36 pads first, and both DW and I found them too yellow, so I then bought 5 more of the Bright white 36 pad lights and we found them to be brighter and better suited for us in reading or work areas. So we now have a combo of lights.

I do like the 8 LED lights you mentioned above, and went and ordered 4 of them to try in the reading lights .....we shall see if its enough light......
Old 09-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #120
Dismember

The slow boat from China finally arrived and I received my first set of LEDs. I purchased 8 of the white 36-element pads. They are not quite as bright as the incandescents that they are replacing but are very close.

According to my LinkLite, they consume about 20% of the power. I am going to get another 20 of them and replace all of the bulbs in the trailer. Even though they are not as bright as the factory bulbs the whiter quality of light is much preferred. I think the 36 element pads are about the right size too for most applications. We have one application (the dinette light) where I will purchase a 48 element pad. I am also considering putting a 48-er for the porch light but haven't made up my mind.

2010 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 5.7L 4X4

Tags
12 volt