Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog View Post
An LED bulb runs a charge through the light, from one point to another and doesn't need a negative wire. A polarized bulb has a + and - pole (socket input), so you have to insert the bulb in a specific direction depending on how your fixture is wired with a positive and neutral wire. A non polarized LED uses a 4 diode bridge rectifier so the bulb can be used in either 12V AC or 12V DC and it doesn't matter which way they are put in.

I have superbrightled's in all of my sockets. They are non-polarized so they go into any 921 socket.

Why they want to send your back, is all you need to do it insert it again and if it doesn't work, flip it over and the positive and negative will be correct.

194 LED Bulb - 15 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower | Landscape Replacement Bulbs | Landscape Lighting | Super Bright LEDs
"Negative wire" is another name for what you're calling "neutral" (a term normally used only for AC wiring). Yes, he has to have a positive and negative wire.

The OP said he has 1176 bulbs. Those can't be inserted but one way. He can't "flip them over".

Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Denver, CO

The rest of the story is that the one socket on the wall has a 1157 bulb not a 1156. The 1157 can be put in two ways.

Superbrightled is sending me the correct bulb for this one socket.. Problem solved hopefully

Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #13

Actually if you look more closely I think you'll find that even the 1157 can be put in only one way. The two pins are different heights.

I hope you looked inside the socket to make sure there were two terminals in there (for an 1157). It's possible that someone just put an 1157 bulb in an 1156 socket.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Actually if you look more closely I think you'll find that even the 1157 can be put in only one way. The two pins are different heights.

I hope you looked inside the socket to make sure there were two terminals in there (for an 1157). It's possible that someone just put an 1157 bulb in an 1156 socket.
The nubs on these bulbs are the same ht AND there are two contacts in the socket but nowhere else in the camper..