Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #1

Led tv mount

I have been searching for LED TV mounts and wanted to get some opinions as there are not a lot or reviews for TT.

I have a 2015 wildwood xlite with the entertainment center, and a 32" Samsung led tv, I would like to have an articulating mount so that we could extent and rotate in order to have a better view on the couch.

What are se decent priced options for this and what did size screws did you use to mount into the tv backer. (The other side of entertainment center is the tv mount area for the bedroom.

Thank you for the assistance

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #2

I used this one to support a 24" LED. I through bolted it to the end of my cabinet and added reinforcing.
Amazon.com: VideoSecu Articulating Arm Tilting TV Wall Mount for Seiki 15" 19" 20" 21" 22" 24" SC151FS SC191FS SE20HS02 LC22G82/SC211FS SC241FS/LC24G82 SE24FY10 TV 3KX: Electronics
This is the second one of this arm I purchased.
They make similar products for your 32"
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...nid=2528832011

I'd buy two and thru bolt them together using some washers to reinforce the bolt heads. I used the bolts used to install toilet partitions in public restrooms. We have a division in our company that sells them. See my "Wolf Pup Mods" post I put up a few days ago. I should mention that I installed the TV and arm and then drove from Baton Rouge to Houston and back on I-10. Not exactly the smoothest of roads. Held up fine over the 700+miles.
bakwoodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #3

X2 on the first link above. I have a few of these that I used in my camper and in the house. The price is right too. The only think is you'll want to reinforce whatever it is you screw into. In my case I took the cabinet apart and put in a 2X4 brace. I think I even posted a photo of it somewhere in this forum too.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #4

I also am looking to hang a TV. I want to mount it in the bedroom under the power and cable outlets. Anyone know where i could find the mounting location on line. They used to put a sticker that said mount TV here, There was one in the living area but not the bedroom.
Thanks
Mike
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
I also am looking to hang a TV. I want to mount it in the bedroom under the power and cable outlets. Anyone know where i could find the mounting location on line. They used to put a sticker that said mount TV here, There was one in the living area but not the bedroom.
Thanks
Mike
In my bedroom the sticker is located about 6" above the plates. I still have the sticker that say's mount here on the wall. I'm guessing but I would say it is above not below. I think it was for a 32" option which we never got. You can push on those thin walls and find it. The wall board is less then 1/8' thick. You can cut it with a box knife. GREAT wall HA!

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #6

Thanks gl. I did push and ya it's thin and think i found the brace. Magnet didn't work though. Must be aluminum.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Thanks gl. I did push and ya it's thin and think i found the brace. Magnet didn't work though. Must be aluminum.
It should be a piece of wood between the studs. The cheap walls they put in couldn't hold a TV even with sinkers installed. I was shocked when I had to trim a 1/8" off the top of my slide and only needed a box cutter.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #8

I poked around on my wall too to put the mount up and in the end decided not to. I was going to hang a brace on the outside of the wall between the two mini studs and then screw into that. What I'm going to do instead is build a new cabinet there (not sure why FR didn't put a tall wardrobe in that area in my 25RR like the 19RR had). My trailer lacks decent storage space for typical living conditions IMHO. So I'm going to build one between the window and the door and mount the TV on the side of that. I think it'll work good.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #9

My wall mount

How's this look?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	69552   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_Mod01.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	69553   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_Mod02.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	69554  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TV1-021H%20Box%20Details.pdf (415.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: pdf TV1-021H-Instructions.pdf (1.96 MB, 54 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #10

We have the over cab entertainment center. We too want to swivel the TV to view from couch. At the dealer, they were going to put the mount on the back of the TV. Once the TV was taken out, they was a huge hole, leading to the front of the cab! No wall! So did not mount on swivel, would have been extensive project to put support in to reinforce! Wish that was not the case.
UK Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #11

Mike a regular stud finder will work in the trailer after moving it around a few times without lifting it so it can get orientation with the material.
Also spread the weight over at least two wall braces if not three with a plate or plywood.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #12

Iggy, thanks for the response I went ahead and ordered the mor ryde unit, looks like a great product hopefully it's in by tomorrow so I can install this weekend

Old 02-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #13

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1424614846.478750.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	70029
Mount is installed.... Just have to see if I'm going to have clearance issues once the tv is on.

I will say this product appears very durable and was an easy install. I removed the mounting plate, marked up my center points and taped it to the wall to ore drill holes. Used supplied lag bolts and was up and running in about 20mins. Seems very sturdy..

Tags
led, mount, tv mount