Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Whitlow View Post
You need a larger wattage power supply to push watts required. If it is a very long distance the wire within the led strip will have a voltage drop. The specs will address the max length that can be cinnected. To overcome this you can run a wire along the strip to catch the second string of led lights.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Actually u can buy boosters to put every 32ft....or wire like you said. ..

My simple solution was to put a y connector right at the controller box...ran 2 strips to the right and 2 to the left...worked out perfect as I negated any voltage drop past 32 ft....stock controller and 4amp pwr supply light em up bright and consistent. ....

Been behind the crown moulding 2 yrs now on 24hrs a day and stil purring along

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #22

Are you guys doing this for looks or purpose? There are way better lights out there if you are wanting a lot of light out of a shorter strip and less power. These guys are great people and will help a lot. All their lights have a lifetime warranty too.
2006 EZ GO 6" lift
transamz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by transamz9 View Post
Are you guys doing this for looks or purpose? There are way better lights out there if you are wanting a lot of light out of a shorter strip and less power. These guys are great people and will help a lot. All their lights have a lifetime warranty too.
Have u seen how bright the 5050 leds are?...even off 2 amps they are ridiculous bright turned all the way up...a strip will light up your whole site?...I mean if u hard wire into 12v its only like 20$ for strip and controller?..im sure there are brighter options but why?.

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #24

Post pictures this really spuds interesting. I would like to experiment with interior led lighting. I'm not a fan of similar 12v light fixtures replacing them with adjustable rgb LEDs would be awesome.
5ersabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Thinking about installing some LEDs under our new coach and am trying to figure a few particulars out.

I need to 16 ft strips to run down each frame between front and rear axle. May need two shorter lengths maybe 4ft to run up front and in rear side to side.

My question is can this be done with one controller? Also, would it be best to plug into a basement outlet for power or try to wire directly to chassis/starting battery? Don't think I can use the house batteries as they are 4- 6volt batteries.

Any help is appreciated. I want to keep this as simple as possible!
Mine are wired to 110v. I do not boondock anymore. I had two old 110v to 12v plug in's that you seem to get with everything these days so I just cut off the end and wired the controler to them. You would be able to run them off the same controller if you use the same brand and wire them together, with that many lights make sure your 12v/110v can supply enough juice to run them. They are very low drawing amp wise.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light