Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #1

Lift arms in dinette bench storage?

Wondering if anyone has added lift arms in their dinette storage? In order to reach the far side of the storage area, I typically either take one step into to while holding the lid or move the table completely out of the way. Both are annoying, so I thought if I had a pneumatic lift arms, I'd be able to reach further since I wouldn't need to hold the lid...
CampinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Always Learning

My dinette benches are all just pieces of plywood resting on top of the frame. If it were hinged in the back, yes - a lift arm would help. I think I saw someone here post that they'd done just that.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #3

Now that you mention it, I can't remember if mine are hinged or not (only 1 trip under our belt). They are plywood with the finger hole in the front center to lift them, so I always just lifted them like they were hinged. Either way, I would think the arms would still work. I'll have to search some more on the forums to see if I can find the thread you referenced - my first few searches came up empty.
CampinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Always Learning

I'm failing miserably at finding the thread. I looked for a while - searching various ways and have come up empty.

But, basically - just like you're suggesting, they added a lift arm on one or both sides and it was hinged in the back.

Sorry, wish I could find the thread!