Old 12-31-2015, 12:19 PM   #1

Lippert 6 point leveling system stability

We have a 2014 Sanibel 3501 with the Lippert 6 point hydraulic leveling system. The leveling system works very well but it doesn't appear to be very stable. It doesn't take very much movement to make the trailer shake especially in the back end of the trailer.
I was wondering if JT Strongarms would solve this & can they be mounted on this type of legs or should I be looking at something else?
Looking for any advise I can get, thanks

Old 12-31-2015, 12:34 PM   #2

I also have the 6 point levelers. I have been putting the Links plastic blocks under the hydraulic cyl. and the movement is almost none. I put more on the 4 at the axles than the front. I put the back 4 points almost full of the blocks except about 3 inches to the pads. Remember the trailer will go down in auto level at the start of the process. My DW cant handle any movement in the trailer. It has made the TT very stable.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Force View Post
We have a 2014 Sanibel 3501 with the Lippert 6 point hydraulic leveling system. The leveling system works very well but it doesn't appear to be very stable. It doesn't take very much movement to make the trailer shake especially in the back end of the trailer.
I was wondering if JT Strongarms would solve this & can they be mounted on this type of legs or should I be looking at something else?
Looking for any advise I can get, thanks
I have been told by lippert that you can not use the JT's. First of all the front legs are offset 25 degrees. If you put blocks under the shoe of the rams and don't have them extended as far you will be a lot more stable. Your front stroke is 27" and the rear are 17" the shorter you make that stroke the more stable you will be. I would try that first before anything else...Hope that helps...."Happy New Year"...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #4

Keep the hydraulic Rams as retracted as possible. The longer they extend, the more unstable the camper feels. I used some 12" lengths of 2x10's with inside blocking and built sturdy platforms to throw under the front landing gear. In hindsight, I wished I had built these about 1" smaller. There have been a couple of locations where these were just a little to tall. Overall, this has made a huge difference. Then I built some shorter ones for the other 4 legs. They all store easy in the front basement.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:26 PM   #5

Thank You for you responses I will try putting more blocking under the rams.
Doug
Old 01-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #6

Why cant the JT Strongarms be used. Is this because it a hydraulic 6 point system because I have the Lippert 6 point system non hydraulic and my 5er came with the JT Strongarms from factory?
Old 01-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
Swift2

We have the JT arms on our non-hydraulic trailer and don't seem to need them. Usually don't tighten them up in the trailer feels very stable without them. We too use as many blocks ias we can under each electric jack.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by j free View Post
Why cant the JT Strongarms be used. Is this because it a hydraulic 6 point system because I have the Lippert 6 point system non hydraulic and my 5er came with the JT Strongarms from factory?
The 6 point hydraulic system or level up Will not work 1) because of the offset on a angle for stabilization. The Electrical system they can be used and also the Big Foot system but not the 4 or 6 pt level up. Your system is called the GROUND CONTROL. You can do different things with different systems. See Attached of what each can do or not recommended to do: I guess you can do as one pleases but the jacks cost to much for me to try it when I can just shorten the stroke for making it more stable....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf level page (1).pdf (897.0 KB, 100 views)
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #9

Ours is the 6 point electrical lippert level system and it came with the strongarm from the factory but only time I use them is if it's going to storm.
I've heard the same about them not working with the hydraulic level. I also use blocks to minimize the leveler stroke and ours is always very stable. After a day of sitting I hit the relevel button to let it relevel from any ground settling.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #10

Well despite all the nay sayers on here ... I bought the adaptors that attach to the round feet on my level up system and put JT Stabilizers on my font legs only. I've used them for 10 months now without issue. I don't understand any issue with the toed out stance of the cylinders making the JT's worthless ... the triangulation effect of the arms works just the same. Like the OP ... I had more movement than I liked especially in the rear, so I installed the JT's ... cleared up the issue instantly. I will agree that the less you have the legs extended, the better the stabilization. I've had JT's on my last 3 fivers and wouldn't leave home without them. The kingpin tripod I drug around for a while just wasn't much good except for a boat anchor compared to the JT's. I did call Lippert and was told the reason they discouraged the JT's on the hydraulic Level up was it didn't allow for rotation of the hydraulic cylinder rams. I found that reasoning quite odd as I work in maintenance at my job. We literally have hundreds of hydraulic rams through out the plant that have some fashion of an anti-rotation device on the rams that prevents rotation of the ram. They run 24/7 with seldom a failure and that's mainly due to being flat worn out.

Tags
leveling